First Name
tony

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
John, ive just noticed ive put this in automobile pics instead of aircraft pics, DOH!! any chance of moving it for me? thanks tony

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hell Tony, that's a beautiful paint finish! It looks great against the sky - fabulous what if model. I agree with Tony above it just needs some competition!

Again I'm gob smacked by the finish it's gorgeous.

Cheers

Paul

B

Bunkerbarge

What a superb finish and what a great "out of the box" idea.

This is another 1/72nd aircraft diorama which would benefit for the propeller being mounted on a small ball bearing with a small weight on the end of the shaft. Just touch the prop before taking the shot and the affect is amazing, as long as you keep the shutter speed down.

F

Fenlander

Have moved them over Tony. You are able to do this as a Moderator but if you haven't done it before, it is a bit buttock clenching until you see it work out right lol.

Love the pics, it looks so realistic against the blue sky, very good build really well presented.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Thanks everyone for the comments, and extra thanks to graham for putting it where i should have put it in the first place! cheers tony

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Very nice Tony, the sunlight shows the gloss off to a tee. I fancy doing a P-51 now, ohh Miss America would look great like this. Five from me matey.

Have fun, John

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Thanks john, ive got the 1/48 revell miss america in the stash in the reno racers double kit with the t6,so who knows we might see it yet!Heres another pic with the prop blurred with photoshop, as richard said it makes it look better for a flying model , cheers tony

View attachment 29121

109 photoshopped prop.jpg

W

wanna_be_aviator

Awesome looking model Tony! And a great idea of yours too, maybe this could turn out to be a great fun GB, some "what if" subjects on some specific fact or circumstance related to WWI, WWII or other historical event?

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I thought it looked great in the first set of pictures... Then you have to go and do these. Dude that paint job it great! The colour really jumps in the sun light and there is not a bubble, run or ripple in it!!!

First class job Tony. Want to come paint my car?

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Great idea and pictures Tony. I like the idea loads. The last time I saw this colour used was on a TVR Griffith. It was stunning on 1:1 scale !

Regards

Colin m.......

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Thanks guys for the kind comments, i really enjoyed this one,maybe because i didnt have to take care to get it accurate, it was all up to me how it looked so it kind of just evolved into what you see. Ian mate ill gladly spray your car but it might take a while with the airbrush and the cost of about 10,000 10ml jars of tamiya clear red could be a bit costly!!!!LOL cheers tony

B

Bunkerbarge

\ said:
Thanks john, ive got the 1/48 revell miss america in the stash in the reno racers double kit with the t6,so who knows we might see it yet!Heres another pic with the prop blurred with photoshop, as richard said it makes it look better for a flying model , cheers tony
Brilliant picture Tony, the blurred prop really brings it to life.

C

Caledonia

Hi Tony, that blue sky really sets your model off excellent. Cheers Derek

p.s. where did you buy the blue sky? all we have here is snow and cloud.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
\ said:
Hi Tony, that blue sky really sets your model off excellent. Cheers Derekp.s. where did you buy the blue sky? all we have here is snow and cloud.
cheers derek , i got the blue sky off e-bay, i bought a square mile and ive got it positioned above my house at all times!!LOL Seriously though i was waiting days to get a decent bit of blue sky then on saturday i managed to get a few quick pics before it disappeared again, what you dont see is the 2 inches of snow under my feet while i was taking them!!cheers tony