Bf109E-4/7 question

R

Raul B.

Hi, everyone!

I´m returning to the hobby and choose a Bf-109E4/7 1:48 Tamiya to warm my hands. Simple, but effective.

In the, box stored for years, I´ve found an old Eduard photoetch set (48-196) and an AeroMaster decal sheet “Marauding Emils Part IV” (48-249) with 5 nice AC profiles. One caught my attention, Nr.8 flown by Gefreiter Nittmann with a white nose and tail.

As far as I know White 8 WNr 6318 Flown by Ernst Nittmann crash landed near Canterbury on 6th. September 1940.

Besides this decal set is 20+ years old and don´t know how will it behave, I really like the Nr. 8 AC, but…is the scheme correct? White nose and tail?:thinking:

So, before I start and with your help, I would like to solve that issue.

Thanks! :thumb2:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hi Raul
There are images on the net. Just type in Ernst Nittmann and you will find pictures of this aircraft. White nose seems accurate. I would copy a picture in but never seem to be able to get the iPad to behave.....I would say that the AC in question is quoted in pictures as a Me 109 E1/7 so will have minor differences to your kit. It’s a lovely kit though, I made it several years ago as one of the box options.
Cheers
Tim

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
I would copy a picture in but never seem to be able to get the iPad to behave.....
Tap and hold on an image so that a menu pops out, then choose “Open in new tab” so you get a tab with only the image in it. Then tap in the browser’s address bar so it shows the full URL, which should have a blue background to show its selected; if so, tap the URL so that a menu shows in which you can choose “Copy”. Then go to your message and tap where you want to insert the image; hold for a second or so and release, then choose “Paste”.

Alternatively, use the Copy and Paste buttons at the top of the on-screen keyboard, if your iPad runs a version of iOS new enough to have them (iOS 10 and later, off the top of my head).

R

Raul B.

Thank you Tim.

I´ve seen the pictures online. Not very clear and overexposed I must say but it´s a common situation with WWII B&W photos.

The most noticeable difference between the E-1 and E-4, among others, is the canopy. E-1s has a rounded upper part of the windscreen with a lower horizontal frame, E-4´s is of an angular type and the horizontal frame is way up the sides. The kit correctly provides the E-4 kind.

I think that a Hasegawa or Tamiya E-3 type, that I have both somewhere, will be more suitable for this conversion.

Again, this is meant to be a come back project and want to keep it simple, just with a little extra detail in the cockpit and landing gear. AeroMaster set has other great Emils, like Schöpfel´s or von Hahn´s. All I have to do is to choose one of these, Nr.8 will find it´s way to the bench on a later date.

Anyway, thank you again for your support. :thumb2: