Bf110, Airfix, 1/72

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
fancied doing a plane next so pulled this from the stash

picked it up in GeeDees Models in Nottingham for a quid a few years ago since it had the canopy missing.....quick email to Airfix HQ and one arrive gratis

you get two different schemes, didnt want to do the normal 2 tone green so have gone for the so called 'Tunisian scheme' which has a sandy coloured upper and a pale blue lower

this has caused a few problems lol,......know what the RLM numbers are.....know what Humbrol say use.....you try converting into Vallejo Air which is my prefered paint......nightmare!...having to go with something close

pretty sure i have some swastikas in the decal stash cos as normal the sheet dosnt have any

fm5tzo.jpg

mblfea.jpg

2zhfh9k.jpg

fbf3wl.jpg

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Vallejo do a version of the tropical colours (RLM 78 and RLM 79). I don't know how good they are.

I think you've got the same kit as the Bf 110 in the 'Dogfight Doubles' boxing, which makes a nice little Bf 110.

IMG_0995_small.jpg

Cheers

Steve

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Great kit for a £1 look forward the build.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
That older mould hadn't been altered since 1959. Looking forward to seeing this one in a sand and light blue scheme, something different

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
just to show im still working on this.......definatly showing its age, been through the filler and sanding cycle a few times

cant do anything major for a few days til i get some paint, but i think its going to take that long to mask the canopy!

2hdv0j4.jpg

2zg7uvs.jpg

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
So refreshing for the soul, dealing with an old 1:72 classic kit.