BNSF Duluth-Superior c 2000-2010

Discussion in 'Layouts' started by Woderwick, Mar 17, 2011.

1. Woderwick

Woderwick Guest

Hello, here are some shots of my Npire.

Here was the original plan.

But as with all projects, things change. I have been working on the grain elevator, modelled on one the Rices point jobs at Twin cities (Duluth-Superior) Empty cat food boxes and postal tubes are the staple, well the tubes were from Staples. The trick he is not to simply stick the tubes together so there is a tight join. The prototypes were of slip concrete construction (continuous pouring) and there is a gentle continuous, seamless run from one tower to the next. This also produces the characteristic striping on the towers as the formwork rises.

I designed the texture in PShop after pouring over loads of pics and I think I am now happy with the colour and texture. These were printed off onto thin card and glued to the carcase.

Fogs rolling in off da lake.

Back to the Elevator for a bit. I was nt really happy with the colour and texture, so I stripped them and put a new overlay on. Less of a pink tinge now.

Getting there.

Unloading

Laters

2. Bunkerbarge

Bunkerbarge Guest

That grain elevator is quite amazing. The modeling is superb and the concrete looks extreemly effective. Great layout and lovely weatherin on the rolling stock.