Bob's Airfix 1/72 Bf 109 G-6 - Me 109 Any Mark GB

B

Builder

Hi All 

This is my completed Bf 109 G-6 which I built for the Me-109 Any mark 2016 GB. All the kit details are in the build thread at the end of this post.

Build Summary

So I built this OOB with only PE seatbelts. There was no cockpit with this kit and I didnt scratch build one either. I messed up the decals on the wings so I had to find spare decals which I did, and applied them to finish the kit. I painted this with Humbrol enamels, and I must say I really liked them, though they are very messy to handle. I will probably get better at using them. I initially thought that I would replace my Tamiya enamels with Humbrol, but I think I will keep some of my Tamiya as they are so easy to use and have some great colours too. 

Final Photos

20161004_203119_RichtoneHDR_zps4ovvrgl6.jpg

20161004_203155_RichtoneHDR_zpsm20fxhxz.jpg

20161004_203232_RichtoneHDR_zpsomwhfpdm.jpg

20161004_203257_RichtoneHDR_zpsbf34bpej.jpg

20161004_203312_RichtoneHDR_zpsbcbyek7r.jpg

20161004_203343_RichtoneHDR_zpsynuij3kc.jpg

20160930_074735_RichtoneHDR_zpstllfvq9c.jpg

Build Thread

I hope you all liked the post. All comments welcome.  

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Nice one Bob. I like it.

A pity about the wing decals...But whats a guy to do. You solved the problem the best way you could. 
Looks like the hop over to Humbrol was pretty painless as well.

K

Kressy_13

Nice work mate, a great looking 109. Shame about the decals but you foxed that easily. Great job.

Cheers.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Like this alot Bob , great finish youve got. I'm surprised about the poor cockpit though as this must be a fairly recent Airfix release as evidenced by the recessed panel lines (when i say recent i mean post hornby take over) Great job though , cheers tony

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
I think I commented in the GB thread already Bob, but just to reiterate it looks fantastic, nicely done. Surprised to hear about the cockpit or lack thereof

B

Builder

Nice one Bob. I like it.

A pity about the wing decals...But whats a guy to do. You solved the problem the best way you could. 
Looks like the hop over to Humbrol was pretty painless as well.

Nice work mate, a great looking 109. Shame about the decals but you foxed that easily. Great job.

Cheers.

That looks really good Bob, you'd hardly guess it was a 1/72 kit.

Very nice and clean crisp build Bob :smiling3: .

Really nice build Bob, great job

Very nice work Bob

Like this alot Bob , great finish youve got. I'm surprised about the poor cockpit though as this must be a fairly recent Airfix release as evidenced by the recessed panel lines (when i say recent i mean post hornby take over) Great job though , cheers tony

I think I commented in the GB thread already Bob, but just to reiterate it looks fantastic, nicely done. Surprised to hear about the cockpit or lack thereof

Thanks for all the kind words. Strangely I was happy I didnt have to build a cockpit as I just wanted a fast build to keep my mojo going. 

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Great result Bob. 1:72 scale seems a little overlooked in aircraft world these days, so it's nice to see one being built.

D

Doug Hughes

Looks good, Bob. It doesn't come up so clearly on these photos, but you did a great job on the mottle (I looked at the build thread).

B

Builder

Looks good, Bob. It doesn't come up so clearly on these photos, but you did a great job on the mottle (I looked at the build thread).

Thanks Doug! I am beginning to take photos in the sun with much better results now. 

First Name
Alex
That's a nice build, did you spray on the paint or brush it?

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looks great Bob,very well done with the mottle,real like it,very nice clean build,
very well done,;)