Bobs Tamiya 1/35 Panther Diorama - Panzers WW II GB

B

Builder

Hi All 

This the final reveal for the my entry into the Panzers WWII GB. It is a small Building diorama with a Panther tank, 

Build Summary

The Miniart 1/35 Ruined Building with Base:

I have built this OOB. This kit requires a lot of work, but the more work you put into it the better the outcome. Very detailed base as well.. sometimes the base is overlooked, but with this kit, I must say that the cobblestone base is exceptionally detailed. The building itself is a work of art, and once fully painted looks very realistic. This is my first Miniart kit and has given me an idea of how to build future Miniart buildings. Also I received lots of advice from fellow modelers on Scale Model Forums, which helped immensely in the final outcome, so thanks to all who helped out (you all know who you are!). The kit is painted with Tamiya Enamels and weathered with Vallejo Model Wash - Black and Grey. 

The Tamiya 1/35 Panther Tank:

The kit itself was not the most detailed. The fit though was very good. It is an old mold from 1969, for its age the detail is good. I built this OOB. With regards to the build this I tried a few new things.. I pre-shaded and used a new flat coat from Alkad II. Both were successful so I am happy with that. The kit was painted using Tamiya enamels mostly. The black on the tyres was painted using acrylics. The model was sealed in Alklad II flat coat. Weathering was done using Vallejo Model washes and Tamiya Weathering master sets. 

Final Pictures:

\

20160908_165545_zpsrwjrxbjp.jpg

20160908_165629_zpsrs7yvqa1.jpg

20160908_165700_RichtoneHDR_zpsh6mnkxlv.jpg

20160908_165714_RichtoneHDR_zpsilvo5fxh.jpg

20160908_165834_RichtoneHDR_zpsk82ppcvm.jpg

20160908_165941_RichtoneHDR_zps4djtrjjl.jpg

20160908_170055_RichtoneHDR_zpsg5xyrkfz.jpg

20160908_170115_RichtoneHDR_zps5nhq2tdp.jpg

Build Thread

Build Videos

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
superb,build,Bob real like this one,for a few first,your done so very well, :D

D

Deleted member 3568

The pics outdoors are incredible, could be real, you can't get better than that, I absolutely love the building. 

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Top stuff Bob, lovely work on both the Panther and the dio. Nice one, loved looking at the pictures and the vids.

B

Builder

The pics outdoors are incredible, could be real, you can't get better than that, I absolutely love the building. 

Thanks Ken! Appreciate the comments mate. 

Top stuff Bob, lovely work on both the Panther and the dio. Nice one, loved looking at the pictures and the vids.

Thanks Si mate! Yeah those videos take time to make, but I like doing them. 

D

dubster72

You've done really well with this one Bob - I wish my first one had turned out so nicely! 

One quick thing from what you said; it's not the matt coat that sometimes causes decals to silver, but the surface they're put on. The smoother the surface, the less chance of silvering. 

Cheers

Patrick