Boeing P-26 "Peashooter"

G

GEEDUBBYA

Howdy Guys,

Well, I tried to post these pics lastnight, but I was either too sloshed to operate the computer or the site was having trouble accepting uploads. Anyway, I finally got the pics uploaded this a.m.

So, here is my Boeing P-26 "Peashooter" in 1:48th scale by Hobbycraft of Canada.

And below is a photo of some of my more "colorful" U.S.A.A.F. (UNITED STATES ARMY AIR FORCE) pre WWII aircraft.

Happy New year to you all,

Greg

M

milenio3

Greg, these are great planes! Can I ask what did you use for the wiring on the P 26's wings? Thanks!

Last edited:
G

GEEDUBBYA

Howdy Gerardo,

Thanks for the kind words.

As for the rigging on the Peashooter and the Stearman, I originally was going to use Monofiliment fishing line, but when I remembered how far back in the garage the fishing poles were, I opted for "tie twist" like come with plastic garbage bags or bread wrappers.

These "tie twist" are a thin wire, usually coated with paper or plastic, which I burn off until only the wire remains, then I heat one end and allow it to melt into the wing or fuselage of the model. Next I bend the wire in the direction needed and trim it to just about 1/8th inch longer than it needs to be and using "hemostats or forcepts" I heat that end of the wire and melt it into the proper position also.

I hope this helps someone, have a good day,

Greg

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
The U.S.Army & Navy collection look superb,a period that is both colourful and full of interesting types.

1=48th is a very effective scale for biplanes.