Bought a "New" LF camera!

J

johnpipe108

Whilst working on my view camera project, I got a chance to purchase a camera of the same type as was my first LF (Large Format) camera as a teen in the sixties. I picked up a Kodak Pony Premo No. 4, manufactured in 1907, sans lens and shutter (if it had the lens and shutter, it would have likely exceeded my budget at the time).

I'm using a lens and shutter that I had originally acquired for the view camera project, but its focal length was only 4-3/4", and as I got a longer fl for that, I use it on the Premo until I can find something closer to the original spec of 5-1/2" @ f/8.

Shooting paper negatives, as are many LF photographers today due to the high cost of film.

Hope you like it,

Regards, John

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
That looks in great condition John, would love to see some of your pictures that you have taken through this.

Hope you're looking after yourself and are feeling okay.

Si:smiling3:

L

Laurie

Hi John Pipe hope you are well.

Very nice piece of vintage stuff John. One of those items which looks good on the shelf something you want to stroke. Thinks it must be the feminine of the species.

Both my mother and father had the old Kodak Cameras. They folded down with the bellows projecting out. They had a little magnified glass view finder which came out with the bellows. I think in those days a lot more care was taken on photos compared with today. Each one cost a fortune. Nowadays each cost nothing. Had to be loaded in complete darkness. Remember doing that with my first camera.

Regards

Laurie

S

Stevekir

\ said:
Whilst working on my view camera project, I got a chance to purchase a camera of the same type as was my first LF (Large Format) camera as a teen in the sixties. I picked up a Kodak Pony Premo No. 4, manufactured in 1907, sans lens and shutter (if it had the lens and shutter, it would have likely exceeded my budget at the time).Shooting paper negatives, as are many LF photographers today due to the high cost of film.
It would be interesting if you could post a typical photo produced from a paper negative, to see what it looks like.