BP 44 Aroured train pics

N

noble

Hi good people here is a piece that i have been working on for just under 12 months now, it is in 1/35 and all the components are from trumpeter. It is the BP 44 German armoured train, these units were only deployed on the eastern front as a way of dealing with the partisan threat and to ensure that supplies for fromt line troops got to where they were supposed to go. The full kit consists of 8 wagons 2 coal tenders and one locomotive, the total length is 11 and a half feet long. When i eventually have the space it will be going into a dioramma, so i hope you like it and as per usual all comment be they good or bad are most welcome.

scott

View attachment 52106

View attachment 52107

View attachment 52108

View attachment 52109

View attachment 52110

View attachment 52111

View attachment 52112

View attachment 52113

View attachment 52114

View attachment 52115

View attachment 52116

View attachment 52117

View attachment 52118

View attachment 52119

View attachment 52120

View attachment 52121

View attachment 52122

View attachment 52123

View attachment 52124

View attachment 52125

BP 44 1.jpg

BP 44 2.jpg

BP 44 3.jpg

BP 44 4.jpg

BP 44 5.jpg

BP 44 6.jpg

BP 44 7.jpg

BP 44 8.jpg

BP 44 9.jpg

BP 44 10.jpg

BP 44 11.jpg

BP 44 12.jpg

BP 44 13.jpg

BP 44 14.jpg

BP 44 15.jpg

BP 44 16.jpg

BP 44 17.jpg

BP 44 18.jpg

BP 44 19.jpg

BP 44 20.jpg

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Freaking Hell thats a big one.

Top work Scott that will make one hell of a show stopper!

Ian M

A

Andy

Excellent work Scott, i would love to see this in a large diorama - perhaps under attack from partisans who have blown the tracks infront of it and are firing on the train from a nearby tree line!

Brilliant, well done.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
What a triumph Scott!

Terrific stuff, an epic build to be sure........Just right for Mia Grace to sit on and trundle around the garden!!

Big 5* for sure.....

Cheers,

Ron

N

noble

thanks for the great comments gents much appreciated .

Scott

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
quality thats well hell of a big model where is this going when its done buddy

C

CDW

bloody hell Scott.

I'll comment when I pick my bottom jaw up ok :smiling3: :smiling3:

A

andyrobs

Wow Scott, that is truely an amazing build mate!!!! A definate big 5 stars from me

Cheers, Andrew

T

tommy1drop

Hi Scott

What an amazing build, the whole lot is fantastic, truly superb work:thumbsup:

Tom

N

noble

Thanks lads your makin me blush he he. As for wgere it is going to go i don't know yet.

scott

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
I remember you mentioning an armoured train at one of the shows - but I didn't think you were insane enough to actually build it in this scale! That's a fabulous piece of work Scott. ***** for sure.

You know you'll have to include your Dora as a backdrop for this. I mean, if your dio is long enough to fit this, then the Dora will fit too. Right? In any case, if you use anything smaller than that, it'll just be swallowed up by the sheer size of this one.

Go on! You know you want to!

Gern

P

Polux

Oh my God!!! Amazing like always Scott!!!

You never stop surprising. Precious train, I'm very puzzled with what you will do like diorama!!!

Best luck and keep the pics coming!! Well deserved big 5*****

Cheers. Polux

N

noble

Thanks for all the great comments and iam glad you like it.

scott

P

phalinmegob

awsome job scott. cannot wait to see how you would approach a dio that large,you will need a crane to move it.well done. would look right at home in a museum that one.

N

norm

Wow, impressive thing. Would love to build one of these myself one day, but they take up so much room and the kits are each quite pricey (is it possible to get it as one set, or do you have to buy car by car?)

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Fantastic work Scott, that certainly is a long one you got there:cool::oops: I agree with Dave it should go alongside Dora in a dio, they would certainly compliment each other, but I don't quite know if historically such a scene ever actually occurred. But if anyone should decry the scenario on that basis he should be tied to the tracks:D

Again excellent job all round and compliments on your patients to see yet another epic build through to completion..............Jim:smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Can't believe I missed this. Superb stuff Scott, jeez a big blighter too. Either you or your models are going to have start living outside!