BR 86 Locomotive pictures

N

noble

Hi folks, this is the latest project i've been working on it is in 1/35 and is the trumpeter BR 86 dampflocomotive. it has taken three months to build and a mix of tamiya, humbrol acrylics and oil paints were used to complete this kit, this will be used as a piece in a large dio iam planning but don't yet have the room for. The driver and fireman are from warrior figures and are resin, these were primed and painted with oils, so i hope you like it and as usual any and all comments are most welcome be they good or bad.

scott

View attachment 43710

View attachment 43711

View attachment 43712

View attachment 43713

View attachment 43714

View attachment 43715

View attachment 43716

View attachment 43717

View attachment 43718

View attachment 43719

View attachment 43720

View attachment 43721

View attachment 43722

View attachment 43723

View attachment 43724

View attachment 43725

View attachment 43726

BR 86 C.jpg

BR 86 d.jpg

BR 86 e.jpg

BR 86 f.jpg

BR 86 g.jpg

BR 86 h.jpg

BR 86 i.jpg

BR 86 j.jpg

BR 86 k.jpg

BR 86 l.jpg

BR 86 m.jpg

BR 86 n.jpg

BR 86 o.jpg

BR 86 p.jpg

Br 86 q.jpg

BR86 A.jpg

BR86 B.jpg

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hi Scott Long time no see, then you come and drop this on us.

Thats one big lump of loco!!

If I have one critique it would be the err, erm, cabin. Even not being an expert in the field, I am sure that if the stoker had strewn that much coal on the floor the engineer would of kicked him off the train. At high speed! I think that the Engineer would have had that cabin squeaky clean and shiny. I know there was a war and all that but I think professional pride and all that....

Other that that its a cracker.

So when are you going to build the extension on the house and get that diorama done.

Ian M

M

mobear

you painted this? its amazing i really have a lot too learn lol

N

noble

Thanks gents i appreciate it, Ian i know what you mean i just thought that it added a little rather than a black floor but he ho not to worry. the dio will consist of this kit, two BR 52s, an armoured loco and wagons etc. However i need much more room than i already have.thanks mobear your comment says a lot cheers.

scott

S

sprayman

What a project, what a model...and what a damn good build and paint job....excellent Scott....hat off to you.

R

Richy C

That looks superb Scott , I can`t wait seeing this dio come together , as for the coal on the floor Ian could be correct but like you I think its a nice touch , small details like that adds a little more to the model in my eyes , great work mate .

Cheers

Richy

N

noble

Thanks gents i appreciate the comments, the reason this has taken so long is because of the baby..... don't have the same amount of time as i used to, but iam glad you like it.

thanks all

scott

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
What a cracker of a model Scott. You have these locos and all things rolling stock off to a fine art.

That valve gear is something else.

I tried to get this set up actually working on my Mogul locomotive, but failed......I glued bits I shouldn't have, so it wouldn't move one bit.

Very nice pictures too.......The coal? Love it, as Richie points out, it adds a bit extra. If anyone asks, tell 'em the stoker dropped a shovel full when they were attacked by an R.A.F. Typhoon!!lol

Great build, well done.

Ron

Sorry fella, forgot to ask how the family is getting along. best wishes to all three....

N

noble

\ said:
What a cracker of a model Scott. You have these locos and all things rolling stock off to a fine art.That valve gear is something else.

I tried to get this set up actually working on my Mogul locomotive, but failed......I glued bits I shouldn't have, so it wouldn't move one bit.

Very nice pictures too.......The coal? Love it, as Richie points out, it adds a bit extra. If anyone asks, tell 'em the stoker dropped a shovel full when they were attacked by an R.A.F. Typhoon!!lol

Great build, well done.

Ron

Sorry fella, forgot to ask how the family is getting along. best wishes to all three....
Hi mate thanks for the comments, the family how weird does that sound he he, carrie is great and is a very proud and excellent mother i am very proud of her. Mia is very well she is drinking 7oz of milk every 3-4 hours in the day and sleeps for 8 hours of an night, she only cries when she is hungry or needing a nappy changed. When daddy comes home on late shift she is finishing here last bottle of the night then it's story time, after about one or two pages she drops right off to sleep.... oh she now weighs 12lbs and is 7 weeks old.

I love being a dad every time she smiles at me my little heart swells, Ron if you get this mate and whenyou have time i would love to get some personal tuition on building construction the spanner 570 way, hope you and the family are all doing well.

thanks again

scott

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Excellent work as usual Scott.

That's some dio you got in mind there! Were you planning to add that Dora to it? If so, how did you manage to get hold of the aircraft hangar you were gonna put it all in when it's done?

Gern

PS Good to hear Carrie & Mia are doing so well. I take it that now Carrie's got a real 'scale model' on her hands, she's given up on the plastic for a while?

N

noble

\ said:
That looks a beauty - how long is it?
Hi Andrew thanks for the great comment the locomotive is approximately 45cm long and as usual being a trumpeter kit has beautiful detail.

scott

N

noble

\ said:
Excellent work as usual Scott.That's some dio you got in mind there! Were you planning to add that Dora to it? If so, how did you manage to get hold of the aircraft hangar you were gonna put it all in when it's done?

Gern

Hi Dave long time no see mate cheers for the great comment by the way, as for the dora mate thats not going to happen, i wrote a thread entitled dora i don't think so which will explain what happened to that...... i would love one dude you know any one giving one away cheap let me know he he. Yes carrie will not be modelling for a while , iam however trying to encourage her to start up again though.

scott

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Hi Scott. I did read your thread about being let down over your Dora. Gotta say I was disappointed too! I so wanted to see your take on this lovely big kit. Just found this:

dora 1/35 scale ww11 german dora super heavy railway gun metal troops creation | eBay

Any good?

Gern

HAWKERHUNTER

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
Thanks gents i appreciate the comments, the reason this has taken so long is because of the baby..... don't have the same amount of time as i used to, but iam glad you like it.thanks all

scott
Hi Scott..Well done on such a great build, it looks fantastic. 3 months for a build? Dont worry about that Takes me about that on a model with half as much work to do than you have put into this. I seem to spend more time pondering over the model as I am building it than actually building it LOL. Must be an age thing. Anyway, once again well done on your model.

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Scott

Great work on the loco. The diorama you have planned will look amazing when finished! It must be up there with the biggest diorama ever recorded on this forum!!? And you're fitting all this in with the new baby!

Well done fella - you are Superman!

All the best

Paul

M

MickBass

That looks fantastic,

I got this model myself just recently, havent started it yet tho,

any help on how you achieved this look would be much appreciated..

Im used to building smaller models, Ive done a Formula 1 car and a 1869 Cutty Sark..

Cant wait to get started on this Locomotive :smiling3:

First Name
Gregg
It doesn't matter what Genre we have on this site, this amazing model proves what an imaginative group of model makers are out there.

'AWSOME' build and paint!

Gregg