Brad9826's WWI Memorial GB: Intro and chat.

First Name
Wouter
Well, I'm looking forward to this GB, finally something WWI! Now the only thing is: what to build? Any suggestions? Would be original to see you guys decide for me :tongue-out3:

Cheers

B

Brad9826

Well, I'm looking forward to this GB, finally something WWI! Now the only thing is: what to build? Any suggestions? Would be original to see you guys decide for me :tongue-out3:

Cheers
Wouter hi, thanks for tagging along, this is one or you, how The Armistace carriage....? Big challenge that, but ultimately your decision, I'm sure it'll be great whatever you do.:thumb2::thumb2:

First Name
Wouter
Wouter hi, thanks for tagging along, this is one or you, how The Armistace carriage....? Big challenge that, but ultimately your decision, I'm sure it'll be great whatever you do.:thumb2::thumb2:
Hi Brad. Now that is actually a good idea, however, does it exist in kitform? I'm not the big scratchbuilder. And the second thing: in general trains are my job (I'm a shunting engineer) and usually not my hobby :smiling2:. Oh well, let's see what google does, who knows I find a kit of the carriage ^^

Cheers

B

Brad9826

Hi Wouter, I have no idea I'm afraid, maybe the forum railguys know, I'm sure if you take it up, you'll have fun, but it's a massive undertaking, we wait and see on what you decide..:cool::cool::thumb2::thumb2: can you borrow a carriage from work and do a 1.1 scale..... Ok i''ve got my coat...

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I'm not 100% but I think that it was an ordinary Pullman type car. I'm sure that you will be able to find something suitable

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
So, just over three months for a GB and it's summer (in the Northern hemisphere) with lots of outside distractions. Well, it's going to be a bi-plane. Shall I play it safe and go with the 1:48 Or rely on a typical British summer and go with the 1:32 ??

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
how about this one, :smiling:
still trying to find it cheap at swap meet or on evilbay :confused:
have the biggest model expo and swap meet on June 7th look for it again,

Attachments

• TRM02307.jpg
    TRM02307.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 16
F

Fenlander

First part of mine turned up in post this morning :hugging-face: now I have to order the second part and wait :disappointed2:

Peter Gillson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Peter
Last year I bought some of their sandbag trench sections and the service was fine.

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well I've got an idea for this build, I'm going to be using a Smer 1/48 Airco Dh 2. I will put up a build thread later, but I won't be starting until 28th July

B

Brad9826

Look forward to that Ian. :smiling::thumb2:
I'm just waiting for two pieces to arrive, then it'll be decision making time on what to do...

Steven

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
Well I've got an idea for this build, I'm going to be using a Smer 1/48 Airco Dh 2. I will put up a build thread later, but I won't be starting until 28th July
My kowledge of WWI airplanes is sorely lacking (well, just about any aircraft really...) had to google that one :smiling4:
It looks to be a very impressing build :thumb2: - any thoughts on whether it will be a stand - alone or maybe dio?