Britsh 25 PDR. Field Gun & Quad Gun Tractor

A

Armorguy

Oh yes that's one great looking subject. I like the extra details you're adding. The doors look superb.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Hi Everyone

Guy/Peter - Cheers guys. One door has been completed below:thumb2:
Jim - Thanks for the link. I am already using this as my main reference. However as it is a Chevy I am cross referencing it with two other less detailed walk arounds. At the moment the Ford and the Chevy are very similar which helps

Last edited:

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
25 pounder-4.JPG
sorry, quality not great on this one - taken with one of the first digital cameras so resolution not the best

Morris C8 Quad-005_26-05-2012.JPG

I wouldn't say there is much sagging in the tyre department - military tyres seem fairly robust

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Steve
Coming on a treat. Particularly like the half open window.
Jim

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Thanks for the info Steve:thumb2:, great looking additions and alterations already.:smiling:

Like many I've made one of these too, although not even coming close to Jim's result:tongue-out3:.
Might do one in the future again, first see how you tackle this one into another stunner...

Steve Jones

First Name
Steve
Great photos Simon. Is that the Morris CAT at the bottom? Many thanks. As the Artillery and lumber are lighter than the CAT I assume there will be even less sag. I will therefore just sand the bottom of the wheels flat.:thumb2:
Thanks Jim. It worked out well. I will probably keep the other one shut for variety
Fernando - It is a popular model so lots of inspiration out there:thumb2:

D

Deleted member 5819

Hi Steve, sorry I'm late been playing with my toy tanks, some cracking work going on, will sit at the back and watch.
Pete.

Steve Jones

First Name
Steve
Great to have you along for the ride. The way things are going it may be a long ride:smiling5:

B

Bobby Dale

Hey Stevo
Great work so far mate, lots of bling and detail as we are now getting spoiled by your builds, I have a fallen apart quad once built a battery (well half a battery 3 guns and limbers ) about 40 years ago when the kits first came out still have them all but old glue and dried up conditions in the boxes have made them all fall apart still it will if i attempt to rebuild them make it easier .
looking forward to your superb painting and weathering
keep up the amazing pace and work
Bobby

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Steve.
Nice additions to the door, like Jim I think that window is .nice touch of detail .
John .

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Well Stevie,

Off and running once again are we??? I never did own this kit, but I always like the quad towing the field gun. This looks to be another fantastic build from the house of Wonder and for a good reason. Drive on Sir! I'll be sitting in with the rest of the Rabble for the duration. Now get Crackin'!!!!!!!!!

Prost
Allen

Steve Jones

First Name
Steve
Hi Everyone

Bobby Baby - How are you mate? Missing your builds on the forum. Maybe you could dig out your old Quad and join me in putting it back together again:cool:
Cheers John. They turned out well:thumb2:
Mr T:thumb2:
Allen - Great to have you along. All the usual abuse will be welcome to keep the mojo going:smiling:

Last edited:

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
I totally agree about the floor, it certainly adds something to the cab and will look great painted up.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Looking good. PE additions add a lot. I like the floor.
Jim

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Hi Steve, the cab with all the additions looks very nice and will be great once painted and weathered.:thumb2:
Although the floor isn't accurate, sometimes going the eye-pleasing artistic route is better for ones experience of the end result.:smiling::tongue-out3: