Building and scenery moulds

S

Spyderman_uk

Can anyone help me find a source for wall and building moulds?

I know a while back there were rubber type moulds available for making wall sections for house or industrial units for model rail layouts. These were sold in sets to mould as many or as few sections as you required to create the building. I think the primary material used was resin, but I suppose plaster would be just as usable, dependent on thickness of course.

I want to create some dioramas for my models and as I mainly model in 1/72, railway scale OO/HO is ideal. I have seen these advertised on the net, but for the life of me I cannot remember where or when.

Any other ideas or suggestions?

Terry

N

new to trains

when i was a lad.... there was 'LINKA'

you can find it on ebay nowadays, rubber moulds, walling, windows openings and various ' sectional' buildings ideal for railway modelling....

cna be used with plasters, resins or whatever i suppose....

alternatively you can make your own master, get some RTV silicon and make your own moulds.....

S

Spyderman_uk

Thanks NTT!

I remember those now.:thumbs:

I also remember other kits a little more recently, possibly Games Workshop, that did ruins as well as complete buildings.

Come on guys I know I am forgetful but please don't let me believe I imagined all of this? :o

I had thought of making my own moulds, but I need something to start from, and as I won't be making great numbers this could work out more costly.

Terry

N

new to trains

I Have Made Masters Of A Bombed Out Building At 1 To 16th Scale For Use As An Rc Tank Diarama Kit,

Its Relatively Simple, Produce A Master In Whatever Material You Are Confortable With, I Used Plaster Board, And Carved It, I Used Slaters Embossed Plasticard Also And Timber For Window FraMes And Simialr To Add The Detail And Surface Finishes, - Just Remeber To Take Time With This Master As Once Moulded Any Defect Will Be Replicated In Each Subsequent Casting....

Yes It Does Initially Cost Money To Make The Master, But Consider It As An Investment.... I Made My Tank Diarama, And Moulded It... Cost For The Materials And The Silicon Rubber To Make The Mould Came To About £45.... I Moulded Mine, And Used It, Took It To Shows With My Tank, Talked To Like Minded People And Sold A Set Of Castings.... Then From That Set I Was Contacted Again For Another Set By A Friend Of The Buyer Of The 2nd Set.....

I Made A Total Of 8 Sets, Each Sold Quickly, Either To Contacts Or Via Ebay, Which More Than Covered The Cost For Making My Masters....

So Now When I Need Something Made For Either A Military Model, Or A Model Boat Part Or Even A Model Railway Layout, If Icannot Find What I Need I Make The Master, I Mould It And I Sell The Surplus Castings- This Usually More Than Covers My Costs !

I Have Just Bought Some Boat Fittings Off Another Member Of This Forum Via Ebay, Very Impressed I Was Too- Looks Like He Does The Same As Me, Makes Extra And Sells The Surplus... Plus Its A Way To Fund Your Own Modelmaking Jobs !