Built Airfix JA-37 Viggen 1/48 Splinter Camo

M

mungo69

Here's my first post!! Thought I'd share some pictures of my very recently completed Viggen in splinter camo. If people are interested i have all the build photos too which i could share.

jp

A

andyrobs

Hi Jer, that a cracking build mate, the camo is top notch!!!!! A big 5 stars for that from me

Cheers, Andrew

First Name
Michael
Hi Jer, what beauty! 1st class build, look forward to seeing more of your work.

C

Caledonia

Hi Jer, that's a very complicated paint pattern you have their, beautifully executed. 5 Star from me too. Cheers Derek

M

mungo69

Many thanks for the complimentary remarks. That build was difficult and I literally finished it a couple of days ago. I removed the raised panel lines and scribed new ones and added a Neomega pit, landing gear and canopy from Maestro Models and used Two Bobs decals.

Should i put some photos of the build on this thread or is there another area to do things like that.

I'll put some of my other builds into a gallery too like you guys have done.

Had a quick nose and was very impressed!! I should have started posting things here years ago........feel like I've missed out!!

Cheers

Jer

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Hi jer welcome to the forum. What a first post!! The Viggen is superb , that camo must have taken AGES , well done for sticking with it ! 5 from me too , cheers tony

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
That is one brilliant paint job jer. I thought my tank was tough to paint....... 'till I saw your aircraft that is! It is quite exceptional.

Big 5* all the way.

Ron

Last edited by a moderator:

HAWKERHUNTER

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Hi Jer..Very impressed with this plane. I would love to see some build photos.

S

Sky Raider

Excellent job. First i have ever seen in this color scheme. Looks so much better than grey. Top marks.

Andy

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
That is a cracker of a build and an amazing paint job. I'm rather partial to the Swedish splinter, as its not one you see a lot of.

What an introduction! Welcome to the forum. Kapow!

If you have photos enough to do a build thread, I say go for it. Just open a thread in the relevant under construction section.

Ian M

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Great build Jer and a fantastic camo.

Vaughan

M

mungo69

Many thanks for all your complimentary remarks...I can just about get my head through the door!! I'll setup a build thread with the photos i have.

Cheers

Jer

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Beautiful airplane and fabulous cammo! What a cracking first post. Welcome aboard Jer.

Gern

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Very impressive. That camo must have been fun !

Colin M..