SMF Supporter
First Name
john

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
They take me back, some great memories. I remember the smell of diesel fumes and chug of the engine at idle. The seat cover on the driver's seat is a great reminder. I miss conductors, why we got rid I will never know...yes I do, cheaper to have one man do it all. But I do wonder, if a bus would be more safe with a conductor walking around.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
only thing that spoils the pleasure is sometimes nasty people get on them.:confused:
Yep...mostly young-uns with no respect for anything or anybody...bring back National Service! Or a good leathering :D

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
Todays bus's are no joy to ride on and i have to use them most days and with the state of the roads i don't know what rattles the most my brain or the inside of the bus they don't make them like they use to.

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
Brings back memories of being a kid jumping on and off the old Routemasters in London ........ Up the stairs and sharing a fag with your mates ........ Until the conductor came up and gave us a bollicking for it......... Happy days.

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
There's a tram and bus museum at a place called Sandtoft near where I live, only been once but an interesting day out

P

phalinmegob

we have a tram and transport museum here in Birkenhead, i believe we are home to the worlds first public tramway.