Calsonic Skyline GT-R (Tamiya 1/24 ITEM 24184)

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Well, I'm stranded at home because of the rail strike @ Southern Railways, so I have decided to use my time constructively - not only doing DIY! ^_^

I'm calling my Skyline finished, unfortunately I ran into a bit of bother with the decals - a silly mistake, but I don't think that they actually detract too much from the finished kit. I used a few after market bits just to give it a little more ooomph! The PE hood pins were something - lost two just trying to handle them!! >:sad:  The safety harness was another head scratcher but I managed to implement it along with the driver.

I figured how to put the bounce into the build and give the car a dramatic pose in a static position. The base I think is probably the best part of the build and one needs a nice setting for the kit, otherwise at times they just look a little lost. o.O

Its been at least 25yrs since I last built a car, it's been a challenge to some degree.  I still need to figure out this gloss coat malachy but I'm still quite chuffed with the end product, so I hope you like it? ;)

DSCN1164.JPG

DSCN1165.JPG

DSCN1166.JPG

DSCN1167.JPG

DSCN1168.JPG

DSCN1169.JPG

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

nice job mate, always liked a skyline. A nice rendition of this model

D

Deleted member 4539

Well apart from the decals(no worries,never an easy part of modelling)I think you have done a splendid job of this Skyline :smiling3:

The way you have based the model really makes all the difference.

Overall a job well done.

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Thanks for the positive vote! :D

A

Ace

Love the pose; it really makes the scene and blends the decal problem because it looks like the car rubbed shoulders with another competitor.

The interior looks great.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Fantastic job Gavin , i love a R 34 Skyline and especially in this scheme. I raced one of these extensively , bumping over the kerbs , spinning off backwards , even becoming airborne for about 100 feet going over the corkscrew at Laguna Seca ! Ah memories , I really must get the playstation out again ;) . Anyway back to reality , its a  great build and the base gives it a real sense of a car on the limit , the driver is really pushing hard . great job , cheers tony

D

dougie

Love this. A cracking effort. Only thing I'd change is I would extend the shocks a little on the airborne side. What a cool vignette though. Nice one

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
That's a really nice build Gavin. The finish to the bodywork looks top notch. Add the extra detail you've added, a convincing and well executed base and you've got a real winner.

i like it  :smiling3:

Cheers

Paul