Can I Introduce The Welsh Guards

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
Hi guys

I'm still working hard on my Whippet and dio for this but I would like to introduce to you some characters that will be in it.

Welshguards

Dai corporal Jones With Lewis MG

Dai Edwards with soup pot

Dai Morris ( with rifle slung over shoulder casually

Dai Thomas ( with Rifle slung

And battalion officer Dai Morgan

The figures were Masterbox Somme Battle 1916 period but they will fit into my diorama. They were painted with acrylics ( Vallejo ) and after clear coat they were finished with oils and brown/ dark wash

Hope you like. ( sorry about lighting and glare ( dull in Scotland) so have no natural light ( Hahahaha

Comments welcome

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

D

Deleted member 4539

Looking good Robert,colour's seem right to me.

Are they all Called Dai,because they are going to Dai;)

D

dubster72

The Welsh boyos are great Robert! Very well painted with excellent faces - always a tough one ;)

I hope they're going to get a matt coat though, coz they're a wee bit shiny

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
\ said:
Looking good Robert,colour's seem right to me.
Are they all Called Dai,because they are going to Dai;)
Dai in Welsh is like a "Smith" or " John" common names in Wales ( no offence anyone from Wales!! or ex servicemen!!

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
\ said:
The Welsh boyos are great Robert! Very well painted with excellent faces - always a tough one ;)
I hope they're going to get a matt coat though, coz they're a wee bit shiny
I shoo k the crap out of the Matt cote ( Humbtol ) and thinned 50/50 but still that sheen comes!! I can thin it down to 20/80 ????

D

dubster72

\ said:
I shoo k the crap out of the Matt cote ( Humbtol ) and thinned 50/50 but still that sheen comes!! I can thin it down to 20/80 ????
More mixing is needed young man! In my experience, shaking isn't enough, you need at least 5 minutes of stirring.

So get those wrists busy.... ooh er missus :P

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
Hi chaps after mixing like buggery the Matt varnish and clear I'm still not happy with the Sheen and so I've ordered myself some Testers dull coat lacquer hoping this can bring down the shiny surface. I feel even with some professional ( Matt varinsh it still has a sheen/ shine to it so this is my next step,

Wish me luck

Robert

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nice looking figures Robert. They look like they're out in the rain with that sheen on them.

J

John Rixon

\ said:
Hi chaps after mixing like buggery the Matt varnish and clear I'm still not happy with the Sheen and so I've ordered myself some Testers dull coat lacquer hoping this can bring down the shiny surface. I feel even with some professional ( Matt varinsh it still has a sheen/ shine to it so this is my next step,
Wish me luck

Robert
Where did you order the Dull coat from? I've been looking for a while! The paint job is great, by the way, but deffo agree with Patrick, fabric needs to be absolute matt!

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
\ said:
Where did you order the Dull coat from? I've been looking for a while! The paint job is great, by the way, but deffo agree with Patrick, fabric needs to be absolute matt!
Hi John

Type in Model Display Products ( testors Dullcoat lacquer ) £3;80. Get the lacquer and not the spray as the lacquer will last longer

Hope this helps

Robert

J

John Rixon

\ said:
Hi John
Type in Model Display Products ( testors Dullcoat lacquer ) £3;80. Get the lacquer and not the spray as the lacquer will last longer

Hope this helps

Robert
Thanks! I've heard nothing bad about this product, so am really keen to give it a whirl!

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
Well done Robert....... The "Taffs" look great mate ............. BUT THAT CUTTING MAT IS BLOODY DISGUSTING. You ought to be ashamed of yourself. :D

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
\ said:
Well done Robert....... The "Taffs" look great mate ............. BUT THAT CUTTING MAT IS BLOODY DISGUSTING. You ought to be ashamed of yourself. :D
I want a new cutting Mat ( it's only a top one A4. I have the larger one underneath. Your right I wonder if I can pick up a cheapee somewhere ?

Robert

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
\ said:
I want a new cutting Mat ( it's only a top one A4. I have the larger one underneath. Your right I wonder if I can pick up a cheapee somewhere ?
Robert
I picked up a couple on evilbay for £ 1.97 each with free postage.

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
Well what can I say about this transformation

Testors Dullcote is absolutly fantastic.

I nipped the end off a cotton bud and used as a dropper ( 4 drops and 10 drops of w/stand look at the differance

First pic is before

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

And now after Dullcote

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

It's brilliant stuff and 50ml should last a long time I think

Can be used to stop glossy finish and works over decals too

Robert

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
That's much much better Robert. That "Boyo" looks really good....... "isn't it naow"

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
\ said:
That's much much better Robert. That "Boyo" looks really good....... "isn't it naow"
They all look dull now which is more lifelike I think ( bloomin amazing stuff) will need to concentrate on the whippet now as I'm having a few issues with the clasps for the engine covers as I lost all 4 and got to reproduce 4 more and still getting the rain seeking right and oil stains/ rusting effects

Kind regards

Robert