Can you have too many model kits in your stash

J

Jens Andrée

but long grass? Amateur!!

Try with a bit more than 160'000 ft² (15000 m²) that's been running wild for the last five years...

...but that's not a competition I'm proud of leading - but it's going to get sorted one way or another this autumn and next year.
(I've got a valid excuse though so I'm not too upset about it ;) )

Regardless, life's too short to do shores all the time when you instead can spend your time having fun and doing the things you love, so who cares about a bit of nature trying to reclaim the property!

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Mine's running at 11 and 3 puzzles not mine I might add. Not bought any in resent times. But as Stona says 'I don't intend to leave a stash of models behind!' I kind of agree with him as there's a few years of model building for me, I'm running at about 1 a year. Unless I speed up again which I doubt too many other things to do.

20170811_081318.jpg

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
A sense of perspective is obviously required!

P1000503.JPG

Furthermore, I've had that P-51 kit for several years :smiling3:

See that red box file on the shelf above ? That's got all the masks and extras for the He 219 in it, they've been there a while too!

Cheers

Steve

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Ok my modest stash...
IMG_2437.JPG
IMG_2438.JPG
IMG_2439.JPG
Finally my latest with no room on the shelves....
IMG_2440.JPG

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
You need to build that Ta 152.

I built one years ago, when the kit first came out. I imported one from Japan, it cost me a fortune by the time I'd prised it from the sticky paws of HM Customs and Excise!

It didn't go together like a modern shake 'n' bake kit but it was good fun. I can only find one photograph of mine on this computer, so long ago did I build it :smiling3:

top_small.jpg

I reckon you'd make a lovely job of it.

Cheers

Steve

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
I remember that build Steve. It is one of the first i was aware of when I got back into the hobby. I was very impressed and was quite inspired. That was the H-1 and ZM have now reworked some of the sprues to produce the H-0 which is what I have. From reviews they have refined the detail and fit.

Make no mistake I will build it, all of my stash is intended to be built as I don't regard myself as a kit collector.

Gauge1TrainsDK

SMF Supporter
First Name
Christian
I really enjoy watching what interesting kits people have collected and plan to assemble. And I certainly recognise the feeling that there will not be enough time to build all of them, and the behavior of buying more regardless. For me, I love the boxes, as well the contents. They are really cool to look at, and inspire the desire to build, paint, and weather. The building process is very relaxing and completely voluntary. Plus I love almost all of my finished models. Almost all of them will somehow be an accessory to my model railway in 1:32, so 1:35 is quite acceptable for me.

The following images are of 95% of my current stash. I am not in a hurry to buy more, yet I do from time to time.

Especially if I find a good offer on a Dragon kit, even though I have a feeling they will be replaced on the market by RFM, Meng, Takom, Miniart, and maybe even Bronco in the long run. I don't know much about the Bronco kits, though, and I have only 1 or 2 armor kits of theirs, I believe. ICM not so much, unless they improve the quality of their soft plastic from what I've worked with so far (Maultier ambulance and Beobachtungspanther).

Gauge1TrainsDK

SMF Supporter
First Name
Christian
IMG_0905.JPG

The following three images are of kits for the 1:56 scale wargames Bolt Action (WWII), Hail Caesar (ancient times), and Test of Honour (feudal Japan), all by the excellent Warlord Games.
IMG_0906.JPG

IMG_0907.JPG

IMG_0909.JPG

Gauge1TrainsDK

SMF Supporter
First Name
Christian
What follows is most of the current collection which consists of Dragon kits in 1:35, with 90 % of being German WWII (fits the model railroad, which offers predominantly German locomotives and railcars). Most of the time, these Dragon kits really do represent the height of model kits in terms of quality of moldings and also the non-plastic materials, even if their business practices has taken a turn towards dishonesty, unannounced degraded reissues of older kits, and reprints galore. The Dragon of today is definitely not the Dragon of 2004 to 2010 approx.
IMG_0908.JPGIMG_0910.JPG
IMG_0911.JPG

Gauge1TrainsDK

SMF Supporter
First Name
Christian
This next image is special for me, as I have had the very good luck of getting hold of 4 Dragon 6252 and 4 Dragon 6253 kits of the original releases (with all the goodies: metal barrels, tons of etch and other metal bits (bucket, hangers, S-mine launchers, etc., etc.), Magic Tracks (solid guide horns, though)). They represent some of the most exquisite of what Dragon has released back in their heyday (2005 both kits).

IMG_0912.JPG

Gauge1TrainsDK

SMF Supporter
First Name
Christian
More Dragon kits :smiling:) More modelling fun for the years and years to come :smiling:))))

IMG_0913.JPGIMG_0914.JPGIMG_0915.JPGIMG_0917.JPGIMG_0918.JPGIMG_0919.JPGIMG_0920.JPGIMG_0922.JPGIMG_0923.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0916.JPG
    IMG_0916.JPG
    187 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0921.JPG
    IMG_0921.JPG
    158.4 KB · Views: 0

Gauge1TrainsDK

SMF Supporter
First Name
Christian
A few 1:48 airplanes which will be used with the 1:56 wargame Bolt Action - I "already" have a Spitfire (Tamiya) built for that game :smiling:

IMG_0930.JPG

Gauge1TrainsDK

SMF Supporter
First Name
Christian
The primary workbench: the kitchen table :tongue-out3:

Current works on the picture:

Heller Volvo truck 1:32
Tamiya Tiger I early
Dragon Flak 37 (2005-version with goodies galore! Metal barrels, ammunition, chain, some etch, etc.!)
Dragon BDRM-3 (reprinted in the BDRM-2 boxes... Typical of modern Dragon!)
ICM Maultier ambulance
At the upper right edge is an ICM 1:24 Mercedes G4 I am building for my father :smiling:))))

IMG_0933.JPG