Carro Comando M13/40~SP 15cm sIG-33/2 Auf Jagdpanzer 38(t)

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Well with the two ruskies tucked up in the finished armour bit I've decided to build a pair again I found this much better for me and the models it meant whilst one was curing/drying I could get on with the other and visa versa the big bonus being I didn't have to walk away and leave resulting in a lack of intrest.
First up the carro by IBG
20240205_165258.jpg
The parts ,the sprues came in separate zip top bags ,nice and sharp but the proof is as they say in the pudding
20240205_165652.jpg
Kit builds fine only problem i had was the mr cement extra thin wasn't strong/hot enough so used TET and tamiya gloopy stuff. Now as most know I don't belive in all that oooo much to small couldn't possibly rubbish but just this once even I thought is there any need
20240207_110058.jpg
20240207_110005.jpg
Yep a two part component x2 still nothing like a good challenge ,also lost one of the wing nuts for the engin deck but hey ho ,talking of the engine deck never noticed till too late there was a sprue in the box that wasn't listed when nearly finished I thought blimy must have given me two rear decks on checking I'd used the one that wasn't supposed to be in the box so before a NKIA member pokes in yes the loovers on the rear deck run the wrong way but thankfully I still had a good nights sleep.
So nothing major some of the etch was replaced with brass rod(Albion Alloys) as flat tow hooks and handles look a bit daft so here's the first one up but not running.
20240209_120310.jpg
20240209_120349.jpg
Big box little kit but think they use same size box across the range all scales.
As for the SP 15cm blah blah blah this wasn't the original partner for this pair , for some time now ive been haggling/ hassling one Mr Si Benson to build a certain kit I noticed in the background of one of his builds without any success so thought bugger it I'll find one and build it myself so with UM kits not widely stocked had a mooch on flea Bay found one put a rude offer in of 8 squid wich was seen i think as a insult and politely refused ,but I found this for 8squid close to ,same family and all that so splashed out
20240209_114951.jpg
Well as usual it got stashed then a few weeks later I was contacted by flea bay saying the originally wanted kit was being offered for eight quid so have that Si Benson I'll build my own
20240209_120443.jpg
Box was a bit rough but you don't build the box so this was the tandem build with the carro ,oh dear whilst looking on my favourite site for 72nd armour Henk of Holland nearly all the manufacturers and kits out there in box pics and built pics plus build reviews as well I was smitten by some built and painted pics of this ,gutted I had to shell out full wack but this is the final part of the pair
20240209_120515.jpg
20240209_120811.jpg
So one down one to go will show when paint due ,make a change from green(sorry JR). Dave

Last edited:

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Love the look of the IBG new Italian armour.Tempted myself Dave.
Rich

Last edited:

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Love the look of the IBG new Italian armout.Tempted myself Dave.
Rich
It was a absolute pleasure to build ,couple of what even I thought were unnecessarily small parts but this is 72nd ,the etch that I did use was excellent it comes with clear plastic on both sides of the etch fret meaning you can remove it from the face side and the cut part remains still in contact with the backing plastic also the fret gates were really fine I barely had to touch them with the very tip of a curved scalpel blade (No15)they just fell away. I've a few of their trucks and jap armour in the stash tru scale of course ;) . I was going to start the kudos factor thing it seems not much of it in building a IBG kit but at least their subjects are a bit more out there. Dave

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
You are a braver man than me, 1/72nd is just too small for these tired old eyes, but enjoying your builds all the same, at least I can see the pictures...:thumb2:

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Your welcome Mike always a pleasure to have you along ,long way to go make sure your comfy. Dave

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Hi all ,worked Monday Tuesday other half left Tuesday to visit mum and sister up north(notts/derby)before you all start with the east Midlands thing last time I went up saw a bloke in a flat cap with a whippet besides I can put my foot in the sea five minuets from where I am so its definitely up north :tongue-out3: ;). Any way was told to decorate daughters bedroom so its a surprise when home from uni at Easter so making what I thought were convincing noises didn't work ,got marched of to BnQ Sunday dam no escape any way got that done Wednesday and Thursday. I've built some of the interior it being a leap of faith thing making sure it will all fall in place once painted and top and bottom all fit when the time comes ,sorry forgot pics but will show when interior painted ready to go.
So on to the tracks have been dodging them but the time has come
20240216_123419.jpg
20240216_123708.jpg
Got my own tin pot way of doing this but first all parts for one side were removed with a scalpel leaving part of the sprue gate connected
20240216_124641.jpg
This makes it easy to trim off the small tabs as you can lay the parts flat to the work surface more accurate than snips
20240216_124818.jpg
I then do a little layout of the parts
20240216_130002.jpg
At this point decided so small not worth risking the sprocket teeth fitting through the links preformed some dentistry perhaps I missed my vocation in life
20240216_131004.jpg
So gave it some wellie right at the end I had a link fly off into the third dimension so a little bit of wich ever way I loose had to jiggle a bit of extra length with what I had
20240216_141459.jpg
Wants tightening up a bit around the sprocket and I'll nick a tooth for the bottom back from the spare link block supposed to go on body as spare apart from that not too shabby.
Other side will have to wait second time this parts broken off brass rod repair me thinks
20240216_141550.jpg sorry a bit pic heavy hope you found it a bit intresting ,cats away mice will play can feel a Indian take away blow out for tea comming thanks all. Dave

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Nice work Dave. Looks a very nice kit from here……
Thanks Tim actually for a UM kit its well up together I know most if shown it would chew garlic and hold out their crucifixes :tongue-out: but apart from a bit of fettling here and there fit of parts and mouldings are bang on if I had one complaint it would be the instructions there a bit eisher? Esc strange forced perspective but hey all part of the fun. As mentioned have part and dry built some of it no good painting the insides etc only to find something somewhere is stopping it from fitting together. Should be intresting to get this one over the line ive a fair few more trucks and spg's in the stash get em out and think na all that messing with the cab can't be arsed the same reason my wingy things stay there all that messing with the cockpit only for most of it to be hidden still if I get my head around this one wingy thing anybody. Dave

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Slow going have had to decorate our bedroom as well should be all done Sunday am ,still I think Amelda was shocked at the number of pairs of shoes that crawled out of every known hiding place put my stash to shame ,anyway tracks went on the other side with no probs ,have got it up to primer i think so as of Monday should have some time to myself ,have got the whole thing put together done so once the internals are done it will just bolt up ready for the outside.
Nice little kit nothing major just a bit of fettling here and there but who doesn't like a bit of fettling ,was surprised how tiny it was certainly worthy of the brail scale moniker.
20240224_144903.jpg
20240224_144623.jpg
20240224_144555.jpg
And all broken down ready for primer
20240224_144446.jpg
Thank you c+c welcome all questions may not be answered correctly but I'll try my best :tongue-out3: . Dave

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Sorted out the work bench/dining table ready to get some primer down tomorrow ,thoes that have read and not just looked a the pics will know I lost a wing nut for the carro engin deck and a track link on the sp 15cm blah blah causing it to be a link short meaning I had to wriggle and jiggle to make up for the gap guess what found em both
20240228_155148.jpg
Both were on the table the link under a shoe box I keep my building stuff in and the wing nut was in with my fettleing and trimming rubbish ie the crap all over where I'm working strange but couldn't see it at the time of losing it
20240228_154804.jpg
Still all good now I sometimes wonder that unless you actually see or hear where it went(lucky we've a hard floor in the dining room)perhaps we search a bit too far afield . Made a couple of changes to the carro thanks to the box art after struggling to interpret the instructions so that was a last minute bonus plus I've metal primed the etch ready for priming hoping to see some proper progress over the weekend hopefully getting to play with the new airbrush. Dave

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
If 1980s Tamiya AFV kits are your baseline, you should try one by, say, AFV Club, Asuka, Takom, Meng or Rye Field Model one of these days :smiling3:

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
You found the missing parts!!! In that scale I would have trouble finding the whole kit... How you guys model in that scale amazes me, even though decades ago (pre Tamiya and old Airfix days) I used to build (attempt) them.
You have me on your 'watch the build' list...

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
After all my woe's see the paint booth ,airbrush ,what a s**t day ,im going to put these back in a box and stash em ,pretty sure its not the last were see of them but just want to start over from fresh
20240302_125038.jpg
20240301_123257.jpg
I think I've managed to pull the little carro out if the fire quite like the worn sun bleached look more by jam but hey. I'll pick a couple from the stash ASAP so see you there thanks for your help and encouragement so in Arnie style there be back. Dave

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
After all my woe's see the paint booth ,airbrush ,what a s**t day ,im going to put these back in a box and stash em ,pretty sure its not the last were see of them but just want to start over from fresh
View attachment 503315
View attachment 503316
I think I've managed to pull the little carro out if the fire quite like the worn sun bleached look more by jam but hey. I'll pick a couple from the stash ASAP so see you there thanks for your help and encouragement so in Arnie style there be back. Dave
Think the Carro looks blooming good to me Dave.Lovely sun bleached finish mate.
Rich