Centurion ARV Mk.2

Jim F

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Michael,
I hoped as it was quite recent you would stil have a copy and low an behold it's done, you sir are a true Gent.
With thanks Jim

D

Deleted member 5819

Hi Mike that seat frame a work of art :thumb2: it will be a shame to hide under paint :confused:.
Pete.

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Just finalised the building of the seat. I managed to use a couple of parts that were included in the bag of bits,but had no instructions for. The headrest and the seat cushion were built from scratch, as was the lower part of the seat frame.
Peter, It's a shame but it will be seen less once in the drivers hole......dvrseat1b.jpgdvrseat1a.jpg

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I shall try this one to post a reply Mike :smiling:
Looking good ,glad you are going to continue it after call the effort .
John .

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
John, You made it through, congrats.
As for the build, it is going very slowly at the moment, mojo trouble.
Cheers, MikeC.

Reactions: JR

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Come on Mike .
Its not like you mate, I get that feeling occasionally, we all do.
We need this back !
Pm anytime .
John .

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Some impressive work that!

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Mike
That seat cannot be hidden away! You need to create an enormous shell impact hole on the side or a convertible option. :smiling3:
Awesome scratchery. Well done mate
Steve

T

Tony Lee

When the weather warms up the mojo always seems to take a vacation don't ya know.:smiling3:

Tony lee

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
John R, Tony Lee,
Not too worry back on the build, just a bit off colour. Just spent the afternoon making up some parts from brass stoch to replace the resin parts for my Churchill bridge layer, up in the new shed, door open and birds singing and a beer at the end of the build.
Steve Jones,
Sorry, but it is going in the hole.
And finally question, Will anyone be going to the MAFVA Nationals 24 June 2018??? we could hold a wake for the now dead website.
Well Cheers All, more updates as and when, at the moment it is bin lids, prime this prime that.......
MikeC.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Mike .
Good to hear.
John .

First Name
Lee
Hi Mike
Glad your carrying on the excellent scratch work over here. Seat is superb.

Regards Lee

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Hi All,
As per my last post, most of the work has been on making bin lids/doors, adding fasteners and priming. But I have made a start on the front track guard(s) supporting brackets, both are now glued in place and awaiting their finishing touches. Hopefully I can finally get on and get the instrument panel fabricated.
Lee, many thanks for your comment.
Till later
Cheers, MikeC.front trkgrdbrackets1.jpg

D

Deleted member 5819

Hi Mike sounds like you have been a busy bunny, it"s all the small stuff that takes the time and patience to do, but we need pic's please .take care sir.
Pete

Neo

First Name
Artyom
Hello,Mike! Great work so far! I am very impressed! How did you do those piano hinges?

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Hi All
Well the drivers pit is finished as far as construction, it may not be 100%, but when you have four different drivers areas to work from ???? Next it will be the painting and weathering, you can have any colour so long as it's aluminium/alumunum. But when it is in place, that is it a torch and a magnifying glass to see. I tried a dry fit, hit the Uncle Jack D's and then thought why? you can see very little, so as far as I am concerned it is there - enjoy. All that is left is the instrument panel to be finished off, which will be done while the paint/weathering is drying and then all put into place and the front end glued up (photos will be taken).
The track guard supporting brackets are done (photo next time) and it looks imposing, better than the brass offering from AFV. The rear spade is sorted and the rear rollers are in place.
The bag of parts I thought were such a bargain have not turned out that way, apart from the etch sheet I have been able to use seven parts, 4 smoke dischargers, cmdrs cupola, fairlead mount/rollers. All the rest is scratch build it yourself, and as for the rest of the parts, their heritage is debateable, but the etch alone was worth the tenner paid so cannot grumble. So a few photos. The first photo is showing the process of making the instrument panel surround using copper wire, shaped and then flattened in the vice, and now off to do some scanning.... happy modelling..
Cheers
MikeC.instsurround.jpgdvrsarea3a.jpgdvrsarea4.jpg

D

Deleted member 5819

Hi Mike great work on the cab and I like the way you made the instrument panel surround :thumb2:

I've just got one complaint "that love seat you can't see it":disappointed::disappointed::disappointed:.

Pete.

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Pete,
Many thanks, happy that the scans worked for you. Wiat till tomorrow, it will all be in primer.....:rolling: and there is very little colour in there.
Cheers,
MikeC.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Mike,
Some really excellent detail work there looking the dogs danglers.
Scottie