Centurion ARV Mk.2

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
OOOOOOOOOH! Me likey! Wonderful detailing Mike. You never disappoint. Great stuff:thumb2:
Steve

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Scottie, Steve and Si,
Many thanks for your comments, welcome as always.
Cheers,
MikeC.

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Update,
I finally finished the interior for the driver. The finish was AK Xtreme metal 479 Aluminium, it went on really well, but the window had to be opened. Next time I spray it will be in the shed. This was left to dry overnight as a choice, it was then given a wash with diluted W&N Raw Umber and left to dry for about thirty minutes, and then a dry brush was used all over to remove the damp oil paint that was left. Then a damp brush was use to remove more as required.
The seat was treated in the same way, and once finishe was cemented into place, and then the whole drivers area was CA'd into the hull proper. The drivers access hatchway was then cemented into place as was the hull upper front. And now you will need a torch and magnifying glass to see into that area.
I took some photos to show the end result, before final fitting.
Many thanks for looking,
Cheers,
MikeC.dvrs area fin1.jpgdvrs area fin2.jpgdvrs area fin3.jpgseat fin.jpg

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Very nice Mike:thumb2: Which part of the build are you moving onto now?
Steve

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Steve,
I keep looking at the main winch structure, and trying to decide how much detail to put in there. But at the moment it is do a bit at the rear and then for a change a bit at the front. All the stowage lockers are just about finished. Although tonight I started to assemble the Aber tool box, by soldering it :flushed:, it was ok assembling the trays, but then I came to all the lever arms, the instructions suggested soldering - I will now CA it in the semi open position.
Scottie,
Happy to see you are still enjoying the build.
Cheers,
MikeC.

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Update.
Brad, many thanks.
I have made the two turnbuckles for securing the spade when in the travel attitude, these will be married up to the securing brackets which will be made and fitted tomorrow.
Also the construction of the front area is now complete apart from the vice plate and central small roller assembly, these will be added just before painting starts. The same can be said for the rear still a little work to add finishing touches like electrical conduit. And that is it, thanks for stopping by. Cheers, MikeC. turnbuckles.jpgfront1.jpgfront2.jpgrear1.jpg

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Just had a catch up, Mike, very impressive work.:thumb2:

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Damn Rover Mike,

This only gets better and better!!! You seem to be having such a great time and your work is definitely showing it. That seat is a work of art in itself. Did you use decals for the instrument panel gages??? Winch guide rollers and wheel are fantastic Sir! Keep it coming…………...
Prost
Allen

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Mike.
Looking seriously good mate, great work in the pit .
John

D

Deleted member 5819

Hi Mike some stunning work going in to this build, keep it coming.
Pete

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Brilliant work Mike, really coming together nicely :thumb2:
Si

B

Bobby Dale

Fantastic work Mike some serious modelling skills on display again keep it coming becoming my weekly fix
Bobby

E

Evan James

Hi Michael, This is looking incredible, very nice scratch building skills sir! I'm looking forward to seeing this evolve,
ev