Centurion ARV Mk.2

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Hi All,
I am one of the refugees from MM that has joined today. On that site I was into scratch building most of an ARV mk.2 as my latest project.
The build has progressed to the point where most of the major construction is complete. The reason for this build was that a few Sundays ago I managed to buy the remains of an Accurate Armour ARV mk.2 parts and most importantly the etch set was in there, so it has been a case of using an AFV Club Centurion and working from there. So to get organised i will post a few photos of the construction so far with I hope comments. Those that have read it all before please no snoring.
First it was the drivers area to start me off, and there is still work there to complete it. Luckily I can move from one area to the next and that stops the boredom of grinding away at a single model.
Cheers MikeC.

Attachments

• dvrsarea1.jpg
    dvrsarea1.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 6
  • dvrsarea2.jpg
    dvrsarea2.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 8
  • dvrsarea3.jpg
    dvrsarea3.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 8

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Hi All,
I am one of the refugees from MM that has joined today. On that site I was into scratch building most of an ARV mk.2 as my latest project.
The build has progressed to the point where most of the major construction is complete. The reason for this build was that a few Sundays ago I managed to buy the remains of an Accurate Armour ARV mk.2 parts and most importantly the etch set was in there, so it has been a case of using an AFV Club Centurion and working from there. So to get organised i will post a few photos of the construction so far with I hope comments. Those that have read it all before please no snoring.
First it was the drivers area to start me off, and there is still work there to complete it. Luckily I can move from one area to the next and that stops the boredom of grinding away at a single model.
Cheers MikeC.dvrsarea1.jpgdvrsarea2.jpgdvrsarea3.jpg

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
.....Then it was onward and up with the structure and the side bins.......structure4.jpgrttopbin1.jpg

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Then it was new engine decking and exhausts for the winch..........Sorry for the multiple posts, they will dry up.deck in place.jpgwinchexhaust3.jpg

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
And then it was the rear stowage baskets and detailing of the main superstructure. And that is about where I am today.
Thanks for your patience and for looking.
Cheers, MikeC.basket1.jpgbasket2.jpgexhaust2.jpgstructur2a.jpgstructure1a.jpg

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Mike

'ere - the pictures are a lot bigger on this site!. I might have to improve my building skills now. Obviously not a problem for your pristine construction. Stunning work as always. Here's to a new enjoyable chapter in our modelling lives

Steve

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Steve's not wrong about the pics, I've had to move my chair back :smiling:. Really impressive build this Mike.
Mick

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Steve J, Mick and Jim R
Many thanks to you for the comments.
Cheers, MikeC.

D

Deleted member 5819

Hi Mike glad to see this one again keep it coming :thumb2:
Pete

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Hi Mike ,
Good to see you had a shave before taking the new avatar picture :smiling5:
Seriously good scratch work as usual.....:smiling4:
Si

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hi Mike and welcome to the forum. This one must be one you started when on MM, but I can see that some great work is going on. Looking forward to seeing more updates.

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Hi All,
Just started on the drivers seat frame, still got the other side to do plus the top and back. Have rusted up the exhausts and silencers, but my give these a slight rub down.
That's all for this post.
Cheers, MikeC.dvrseatframe1.jpgrustyexhaust.jpg

Jim F

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Michael,
Great to see you carrying this one on here those exhausts are a thing of beauty, I have one favour if possible your resin SBS that you did on Military Modelling could you post it on here as I've now lost access to it ?
regards Jim

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Jim,
How lucky are you. I happen to have all the info and photo's still on the pc and in a folder. There is a section on this site that deals with tips etc so in a couple of days I will sort out the sequence again and put it up for you.
Cheers, MikeC.

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Scottie,
As always thanks for the positive comment, the old mojo has taken a beating over the last few days with the demise of MM, so production has been either nil or well maybe!!!
Cheers, MikeC.

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Jim,
That's 'Tutorials and How to's....'
MikeC.

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building