Centurion ARV Mk.2

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
My Gawd Mike,
This is just to good to believe Sir. Your plumbing is impeccable and scratchery too. I am lovin' the heck out of this and probably nicking some of your ideas too!!!
Prost
Allen

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Brad, Simon,
Many thanks for your comments, as always well received.
Allen,
Pleased you are enjoying it, nick away, all free, beer donations at the door, secrets come extra......
Cheers,
Mike.

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Update,
There are so many small details that have to be done on this build that I am having to jump from one area to another.
Winch House - this is now starting to come together, the first 'box' is in place and the sidewall for the 'well' has been made, and will be in place tonight (photo).
Pulley brackets, one made up and one to do, and they do work, (madness is now complete). (photos). The first image shows the ones that came with the etch set, mmmmm!
'A' Frames. Again one built and one on the way, just had to remake the end brackets.
And finally a general view of the front end.
P.S. I am now trying to get this finished ready for the MAFVA Nationals on the 24th of next month, as ordered by her who must be obeyed, well until the door is shut and she is half a mile up the road.......bracket1.jpgbracket2.jpgbracket3.jpgbracket4.jpgintsidewall.jpgfrontwork.jpgaframe2.jpgaframe1.jpg

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
And that is it for the moment, I will post more photo's as and when I get something to show. Any questions and I will be happy to answer them if I can.
Cheers,
MikeC.

Jim F

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Mike,
Is there anything that you can't scratch, this blog is really an education in modelling
thank you and keep it coming
Jim

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Hi Jim,
Many thanks for the comment, and I am pleased you find it usefull. Tonight just correcting an error so no update, more tomorrow.
Cheers,
Mike.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Great work on the detailing. Looking forward to seeing what comes next. Is everything going the way you want it?

Steve

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Steve,
Funny you should say that.........

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Mike
I am liking this a lot. Detailing is superb.
Jim

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
......Update,
I had been looking at the centre panel that runs front to back, and I was convinced that what I was looking at followed the photos - it did - except for one small item. What I took to be a raised area was in fact the top of the centre area. So I had in fact built up the winch gear as correctly as the photo's allowed except that I had been building it on another 'floor'. This whole module then reched the stage where it had to be installed for further work to continue in as much as adding pipework etc. So out came the CA, which up to this point had been a bit hit and miss, must be getting a bit old, and I spread it along a few of the supporting cross peices being careful not to get any on the winch housing itself as this needs to be removeable. Tea time arrived, had the meal, followed by dish of ice cream, nothing to do upstairs it's all drying, I know, watch a film...... And at about 11.30pm, the doubt started to set in and the work began. Luckily, with the CA getting a bit past it's prime, it stuck and would have done the job, but it was also weak enough that I could set too and cut away the parts I wanted to get rid off.
So there I am, morning has arrived and the 6mm reduction has confirmed that in fact all is well - except that when cutting the new side panels I had forgotten to add the missing 6mm to the top. and that is what you can see now in the photo. All is now back on track and a carefull eye is being kept.

interiormodule1.jpg

Further work progress has seen a start made on the 'tray' that fits at the rear and above the battery box (to be fitted), the latch fittings are still to be added.

tray1.jpg

As I could not and do not have working drawings all of the work is from photographs, a couple of which are reproduced here.

images1.jpg

The Winch Reverser Panel and box have all been marked out ready for cutting and a start made on the levers on the top of the box.

levers1.jpg

And that is it for now, other work completed has been the two 'A' frames, chain burnished, wire cable made up and burnished, track started etc.
So thanks for stopping by, all comments are welcome.
Cheers,
MikeC.

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Hello Jim.
Many thanks.
Mike

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
For those of you not sure about the area i am referring to I have posted a couple of photo's of the offending item.
Cheers,
MikeC.win6.jpgwin7.jpg

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Update...
The Winch Reverser box has been constructed, and the relevant levers and cables added for the throttle lever. Also shown is one of the interior lights and the rear tray all now in place and ready for final details.
Cheers,
MikeC.winchbox1.jpg

wotan

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Mike

Flaming brilliant scratchery. I can't wait to hear the winch motors crank up.

John

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
John, Brad,
Many thanks for your comments, always welcome.
Cheers,
Mike.

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Update,
Today was start to get the base ready, this had prviously been primed and painted gloss black, and today it was fill in the middle with Tetrion and leave to dry for a couple of days before adding the scenic additions. As I was in the shed (mancave etc) I decided to cast the wheels/tyres. I have never been a fan of the AFV club wheels, so decided to cast my own. I am not bothered with the securing nuts as these will be changed for more realistic ones.
Finally, I have made a start on the Winch drum brake lever/ Worm shaft brake lever assembly. Shown is the Worm shaft lever. I also turned out several pipe securing brackets while waiting for CA to dry.
And that is it for today, thanks for stopping by and hopefully more tomorrow.
Cheers, Mike.
wheelscast.jpgbrakelever1.jpg

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
OH go away :flushed::tongue-out3: its too good.

Tis super good Mike, most impressed.
I remember those A frames well, heavy unwieldy things at the best of times.
Your ability to achieve this quality is amazing, and molding as well. God I give up
John.