Centurion ARV Mk.2

D

Deleted member 5819

Hi Mike have just caught up on this one, yes I managed to log in first time since Friday, excellent scratch work as always this build is an education and the detailing superb.
If you don't win some bling at the MAFVA nationals there is no justice in the world and btw good luck.
Pete. :thumb2:

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
John R. Yes I had my knuckles bruised a few times with them, even in this scale they have proven to be unwieldy, mine will have a strap around the loose ends on this build.
Ian, John R, Many thanks for your welcome comments.
Cheers, Mike.

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Scottie,
I keep looking at that pint in your hand, drool, drool....
Cheers,
Mike.

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Hello Pete,
Good to see you here again. Just returned from your tutorial. Many thanks for the comments here, I will try my best..
Cheers,
Mike.

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Update,
just a couple of photos of the Worm/Winch Brake levers in place, also a bit blurred (sorry) in the centre of the second pic is the fuel tap and pipes.
Cheers, mike.
levers2.jpg

levers3.jpg

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Update,
Things have moved on a bit since the last post, so here goes.
The area above and to the left of the brake gear levers is now complete. And that has taken me to the back wall of the winch house, the radio carrier plate is in place as is the control unit for a No.16 set. also the Emergency crew control junction box, plus all relevant cables. I have also made a start on the radio, cam net, tools, tool boxes, gas cylanders etc. There is paint now on the suspension and wheels at last, the colour on the original looks to be well faded on the sides but not on the front and this has caused some searching, mixing to try to replicate the Green, I have come up with a colour whic is as close as I can get - AK IAF Green (AK795) and once it has had a bit of weathering should get close.
The base is on it's way to finishing, just a bit more weathering and a couple of plants plus road marker and nameplate should see it finished.
And that is it for this post. I will try to get another in before I start final assembly and painting, but I will take photos and bring you up to date.
Cheers, MikeC.rearbulkhead.jpgradiostart.jpgbase1.jpg

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Update,
First, this was the left rear wall finished, the area above the cables that is bare will have the instrument panel located.
leftwallfin.jpg

The last items have been put in place for the rear wall and will be primed ready for painting. The radio will not be put in place until the interior painting is finished.

backwall2.jpg

And that is it for today.
Cheers, MikeC.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
WOW! Awesome work as always Mike. Are you using foil or pewter for the wire holders please?

D

Deleted member 5819

Hi Mike, the detail work you have packed into this build is just mind blowing and you make it look so easy.
Pete :thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:.

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
A’noon Mike,
I’ve missed lots of good stuff recently....your fine scratch work included!
Blown away with that interior....some serious hours have gone into that I imagine!

Surely your running out of room in there now:surprised:
Si

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Mike you've taken this build to a whole new level. Brilliant work on the plumbing (I've put a towel over my effort :smiling::smiling:)
Mick

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Hi All.
First, many thanks for all of your comments.
Steve, it is foil from an old wine bottle, vintage unknown, but it must have been good - if only I could remember....
Scottie, Peter and Mick, many thanks, and good to see you here.
Mick, get the towel off, you should see my disasters.....
Si, Welcome sir, wondered how you are doing, and yes the room is running out.
The only downside to this build as far as the detailing goes, is that most of the detail vanishes as soon as the build is complete.
Cheers
MikeC.

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Scottie,
Pleased you like the base. The tarmac is from AK 8013 Tarmac. When you open the pot it looks far too Blue, but does in fact dry out to a nice new tarmac surface. I used an old knife to apply it and then a small roller that is used to paint behind the radiator and that really gave me the worn look. A bit of weathering and there it is.
Cheers, Mike.

D

Deleted member 5819

Great looking base, the tarmac effect look real and the track scratches is a nice touch.:thumb2:
Pete.

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Steve, Pete,
Many thanks for your comments. The track scratches came from a small length of spare Centurion floppy track link that was CA'd to a piece of plastic to make a stamp. The treads themselves were sanded to a rough texture and then a bit of sponge was dipped into an off white mix, dabbed onto the tread and the tread to the base trying not to get a uniform tread pattern.
Cheers
Mike.