cheap airbrush cleaner

H

hoggatt

hey guys, sorry if this has been said before,

i have never used a "airbrush Cleaner" i have always use window/glass cleaner.. it works a dream and is cheap. at the moment i am using one called "daisy window and glass cleaner" its about 69P for 500ml from tesco.

cheers

shane

T

tecdes

If it works that is fine Shane. A lot depends on your airbrush seals. Depends if there is anything in the window cleaner the seals do not like. Some airbrushes have seals impervious to most things others not so robust.

Actually I use water to clean my airbrush (complete dismantle to clean 4 minutes flat) & only squirt a half cup of Vallejo Cleaner thro after putting back together. Vallejo has a small amount of lubricant in it. If changing colour I have recently again just used water to squirt thro & then squirted a half cup full of cleaner before adding the new colour.

Laurie

H

hoggatt

to be honest laurie, i use a spraymaster airbrush, it was about £80 with a compressor inc, if i had a nice £300 airbrush i would probably use a airbrush cleaner, but i have had it for about 2 years and still works fines.

it was the other thread of the hobby being expensive started me thinking of where i save money ...

shane

First Name
Aaron
Im with you shane i use windex to clean my paasche have done for 2 yrs. With a flush of water after the windex.

p.s its great thinner for acrylics too.

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
Shane it's a bit expensive especially when you can get 5ltrs of Halfords screen wash which is usually on buy 2 get 1 free, 15ltrs for about £5 :smiling3:

H

hoggatt

See there is always ways to save money on saving money :smiling3:

Shane

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
shane i use cellulose thinners to clean mine got it from a car repair centre £10 5 litres and it works a treat will clean any paint even if its been in there a couple of days...it just stinks bad

First Name
Aaron
So car screen wash is a "Thumbs up" for cleaning the AB then? If so thats far better for the wallet because i do eat through the windex.

Cellulose thinners aye?

First Name
Aaron
Nom nom nom...Windows, acrylic thinner, AB cleaner... nom nom nom.

Figure of speech for lots of use, lols