Chevy impala

P

PabsTheGeek

Sorry I don't use it, was only watching for tips for the future, I'm starting of with the basics first :P

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
\ said:
Yep that's the kinda look I want but in a cream/sawdusty colour... Do you buy the powder or is there something better? The stuff he's got looks good but there's no name on the pot.
Hiroboy have what you are looking for. http://www.hiroboy.com/search?q=flock

S

stuart.c.82

Tried my best to make it not look brand new.. After all a 60s Chevy would look great on the outside but will have seen some miles under the hood!!

J

John Huggins

Looking good Stuart, look forward to seeing the build come together.

John.

F

Fenlander

This is the flock material used in the video

http://www.scaleproduction.de/product_info.php?info=p1524_teppich-flocking.html

S

stuart.c.82

Gone off the flock... As it's suppose to be a 2 door you can't really see the carpet much.. and there's a big chrome center console so the humps covered too. It's near assembly point but stalled atm. Will post photo.

S

stuart.c.82

The cab area is put together and all the silver paint added to engine, so this week I'm wanting decals and glass in then it'll be final assembly and PVC chrome bits. I've cunningly crafted door handles from the chrome sprues too as there obviously wasn't handles supplied for the back doors.

S

stuart.c.82

Ok chrome work has beaten me! Sanded back and blown over the body again with black to get back to standard. Tried taping the chrome before painting but it bled and got chrome on the black etc.... So.... Started the chrome again! Do I just need a thinner brush or an I missing a technique? Masking sucks!! Or I'm masking wrong!?

D

dougie

Tamiya tape burnishes easily with little bleed. First coat after masking should be quite light and not forced against the edge of tape to form a seal. Airbrushing from a reverse direction is best

S

stuart.c.82

Its a really narrow trim the full length of the car so paint is always gonna be closet to the edge... Wondering if I should leave it a day to dry then try using insulation tape or selotape to mask it? I'm masking onto spray can paint so can't see it peeling the paint away when removed? Do you think this would work?

S

stuart.c.82

It's gonna be a nod to the car from the show supernatural as my wife loves the show

S

stuart.c.82

Got a few hours in tonight and almost there now. Had a wing mirror ping off into the non existence so gonna struggle to get that looking right but will look again in the morning. wheels, exterior decals and chrome line to repaint and that'll be about it I think!.