Chieftain Mk5, Tamiya 1/35

D

dubster72

I like that a lot Colin. Nice wash & the dust & mud looks very good. What do you make your mud mix from?

If you've brush painted the whole thing, you've got a remarkably smooth finish.

The led is class, I'd like to see more touches like that.

As for the plastic, don't forget it's an old kit, but didn't Tamiya used to leave one particular section of sprue specifically for stretching? Something to do with inhaling toxic fumes if regular sprue was used?

Could just be my poor memory, too much sprue stretching! ;)

Cheers

Patrick

C

CDW

\ said:
I like that a lot Colin. Nice wash & the dust & mud looks very good. What do you make your mud mix from?
Thanks Patrick, the mud is just a Bi-carb and paint mix ... I use the standard method ... paint where you need the mud, sprinkle bi-carb and then after it's dried out just add some thinner solutions of varying colours.
\ said:
If you've brush painted the whole thing, you've got a remarkably smooth finish.
I use Citadel acrylics and a decent quality artists acrylic water colour for tonal changes, i always use natural hair brushes as i myself feel i have more control of the paint ... spent years painting in waters and oils on canvass to relax.
\ said:
The led is class, I'd like to see more touches like that.
I saw Johns signature and thought i'd nick the idea (don't tell him:smiling3:), I might see if this is possible on most of my future models.
\ said:
As for the plastic, don't forget it's an old kit, but didn't Tamiya used to leave one particular section of sprue specifically for stretching? Something to do with inhaling toxic fumes if regular sprue was used?Could just be my poor memory, too much sprue stretching! ;)
This i didn't know, when i go in my little cupboard under the stairs and find this aforesaid section then it'll confirm my bumbling retard comment heh heh :smiling3:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
It's on the sprue containing the wheels, in a corner marked with a tab with 'PS' on it......

Ron

C

CDW

\ said:
It's on the sprue containing the wheels, in a corner marked with a tab with 'PS' on it......Ron
Right, bumbling retard i am :smiling3: ... found the sprue section but there's nowhere in the documantation that says thats what it's for .... well none that i can find anyway .... if there is some then i'm going to crawl into a corner sobbing :smiling3:

M

mobear

good god you`re practically a borderer hahahahaha

wifey says stop at burntisland harbour she give u a coffee lol

mobear

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
\ said:
Right, bumbling retard i am :smiling3: ... found the sprue section but there's nowhere in the documantation that says thats what it's for .... well none that i can find anyway .... if there is some then i'm going to crawl into a corner sobbing :smiling3:
Ha, got ya!

In the corner you go Colin.......

It's on a separate piece of paper stating, amongst other things, the PS stands for polystyrene.

Don't sob too much mind, you might get some funny looks and not very complimentary suggestions!!

Cheers,

Ron

C

CDW

Phew.... i have a reprieve (sort of) .... all i had in my box was sprues, decal sheet and two destruction leaflets.

But, i looked in another kit and yep ... there it was .... dammit.

Seriously don't know how i've missed this in the past .... i'm usually quite thorough with paperwork.

sloping off now :smiling3:

C

CDW

Thanks Robert,

It's about finished and will pop it on a varnished base and post up in the completed section soon.

C

CDW

It's done and it's here

http://www.scale-models.co.uk/showthread.php?t=15504&p=121737#post121737