CHOSIN FEW at Funchilin pass

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
well John and Paul i tried to remove it but unfortunately l glued all the rope.... BUT... since i'll do these 2 trucks (one with winch and one without)...in both cases there is so much stuff in the front you won't see anything...

792858.jpgChosin 2.jpg

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
this truck is reallly more "complicated" than the other one... but still loads of fun :smiling5::smiling5::smiling5::smiling5::smiling5:

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
And today’s work... cab and cargo section... well there are a LOT of adjustments to do....but as l said before... loads of fun:smiling::smiling::smiling::smiling:D0B063F9-CF5A-463D-A747-7CD641DB7D4B.jpegED196349-5202-483C-B652-7913DA9BF278.jpeg

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Hi Greg,
See I told you it would be fun.....
Just caught up to you on the build and the cab change over, some good work there to get the shape of the entry into the cab.
Will look in later to see how the build is going. I take it you have superglued the winch cable in place. Can I suggest taking four or five long strands of copper wire from electrical cable, put one end into a hand drill and hold the free end with pliers and twist untill you have a length of cable. Then run it over a candle to soften it, after that cut the loose end from the cable already on and wind the new one over and across it to form the new cable.
Hope this helps, Cheers, Mike.

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Great start on the cab. Is that a dry fit of the bed fold down seats? I believe they were mounted higher up, or is that one of the adjustments you mentioned? Just an observation. PaulE

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
Thanks for your suggestions Paul and Mike i changed the cable... but i dis not understand you comment on the “bed fold down seats”.... :smiling::smiling:45CEEF62-260C-4107-A2AB-E6C904A981C1.jpeg

Reactions: PJR

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
The photo at the top of this page shows the fold down seats in the bed folded in the up position, thus the sideboards look complete. The photo of the model's bed shows the seats folded up, but too low relative to the side boards. I was hoping to help out by bringing this to your attention. I believe the seats were attached to the sideboards, not the bed, so when sideboards are removed like in the second photo, the seats go with them. The winch cable is much improved, once painted, the fix will be invisible. PaulE

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
well John and Paul i tried to remove it but unfortunately l glued all the rope.... BUT... since i'll do these 2 trucks (one with winch and one without)...in both cases there is so much stuff in the front you won't see anything...

View attachment 307912View attachment 307913
Greg.
All is not lost, the new cable looks better. As those photos show with a load of kit on the front not much would show.
John.

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
thanks John for your encouragement... and Paul THANK YOU very much... l really didn't see the mistake l made... l had a MASSIVE BLOND moment... thank you again for help and your very kind comments

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Nice to see you having a lot of fun with the trucks. Great to see the build coming together

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Outstanding chain work. The 105 apparently was just a warmup. PaulE

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
Thanks Scottie and Paul well i still have to do another truck 2 jeeps and a trailer...:smiling::smiling::smiling::smiling::smiling::smiling:

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Love the cracked windshields. PaulE