Citroen Traction Avant, Vive La Resistance (part 2)

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
It truly is a great build Ken the ware and tare and painting is outstanding it looks great just by itself but it lifts it right up in this diorama.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Now that does look good Ken, simple, yet looks so effective in that setting. Amazing work.

D

Deleted member 4539

The setting really sets this off.

Be proud of yourself:smiling3:

PhilJ

SMF Supporter
First Name
Phil
What a great build Ken, all the way through!

Well done

Phil

A

andyrobs

Great build ken, cracking little dido. Is that Renée from allo allo I can see in the window?

Cheers Andrew

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
superb looking base,real suits the car and state its in,the wall,turned out so very

well do like it a lot,the whole thing just bring both into life,

great build, ;)

F

Fenlander

Superb build Ken. Amazing amount of work gone into this big model and scene.

Love the homage to 'Allo, Allo' with your drawing of Rene in the window.

A

Ace

Just stupendous is all. The lack of figures is ominous; the open door with the gun left on the floor suggest that the occupants will not be coming back. Powerful scene! 

The weathering is superb; I need to get brave and inflict that level of rust on a few models! Nice touch with the windscreen wipers' outline on the glass.

First Name
Marc
This is truly one of the best builds so far on thia forum. Its a work of art and it should be put on display in a public gallery. 

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Superb creation Ken, outstanding work on the Avant and the base is detailed yet simple enough to add to the overall feel. Top work my friend.

Si:smiling3:

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all been going through some of my old builds and I still think this is one of my best, if not the best (even over the French galley the la reale) I can't believe I've built 162 kits in the 5 yrs since I got back into plastic kits (and some of them have been huge ( the 1/4 Ducati to say the least) and the big ships) 162 is a conservative estimate as that's what I still have, I've sold some and binned some as well it's probably up near 200 in reality.
I would just like to say thanks for watching as I've gone along.
If I'd stuck to sctatch building ships that number would be nearer 4 yes that's right I would have scratch built 4 ships in the same time, can you tell why I like plastic kits.