CLARISSA-MAE 1870'S INSHORE CRAB/LOBSTER BOAT DIO.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
I think that looks great Si. A nice balance between the boat subject and the detailed background.
Thanks Joe, just finished the tree, my first attempt at a home made one. I have changed it from the pics on this site, PVAed the foam and then got a bag of foliage and dunked the tree in and shook the bag, looks loads better. That is now in place and the figures are 90% complete, this dio should be complete tomorrow...hopefully.

Si:smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
*UPDATE AND COMPLETED*

So finally after many months of on/off working on this project the Clarissa-Mae dio is finished.

Redid the tree foliage, added some more brambles/vine/whatever, added three figures all painted (with the fiddly bits done by my missus, ta love), a ladder made and all sealed in satin spray varnish. I think for the amount of work in this model it is one of my favourites.

Hope you like.

View attachment 70526

View attachment 70527

View attachment 70528

View attachment 70529

View attachment 70530

View attachment 70531

View attachment 70532

DSCF1785.JPG

DSCF1786.JPG

DSCF1788.JPG

DSCF1789.JPG

DSCF1791.JPG

DSCF1794.JPG

DSCF1795.JPG

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
*UPDATE AND COMPLETED*

So finally after many months of on/off working on this project the Clarissa-Mae dio is finished.

Redid the tree foliage, added some more brambles/vine/whatever, added three figures all painted (with the fiddly bits done by my missus, ta love), a ladder made and all sealed in satin spray varnish. I think for the amount of work in this model it is one of my favourites.

Hope you like.

Very impressive Si it's got a lot of detail and movement to it :smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Very impressive Si it's got a lot of detail and movement to it :smiling3:
Thanks Alan, to be honest it was a model that seemed to never end lol, thanks mate, glad you like it.

T

tecdes

Very nice Si. Looks as though your blokes on the tow path have just vacated the tow path pub which I like.

Like the gang plank & the boiler weathered look

Nice realistic diarama.

Laurie

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Very nice Si. Looks as though your blokes on the tow path have just vacated the tow path pub which I like.Like the gang plank & the boiler weathered look

Nice realistic diarama.

Laurie
Thanks Laurie, the figures aren't the best but suited the dio's theme. This must have had countless weathering and washes to achieve the look. I can rest now.

Really pleased you like it, thank you for commenting.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
top work si. looking forward to seeing the figures. did you sculpt them or buy them in especially?
Figures on the dio Rob, they are bought ones, bought them months ago for this dio, they are white metal.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Hi Si,I'm with everyone else, this does look great, big ***** from me...

Andy...
Thank you Andy, really pleased you like it. I think this model took me 6 months on and off to complete...just kept loosing my interest, just decided this last couple of weeks to knuckle down and get the begger finished.