Col 68's 1/35scale revell bergepanther

Jens Andrée

First Name
Jens
Excellent choice!!!

I actually feel a bit boring by building just a bog standard Panther to be honest...
I had bought another Panther that I was going to build as well for this GB, a Jagdpanther 2 paper panzer, but I couldn't stay away from it so I built it already in November... hehe...
I don't regret it because it's a really nice kit - and the fact that I had ordered the Meng Panther Ausf.A, but I'm happy some of you are building something different! :smiling3:

Also your Panther can rescue mine when it's broken down in a bog somewhere in Ukraine ;)

Polux

GB Mod.
First Name
Polux
Nice one Colin!
The weathering possibilities on that one are amazing! Chipping effects, rusted chains,....ohhh, great! :upside: :upside:

beowulf

Styrene Bodger
First Name
Paul
nice choice cos id like one too.....i have a bergtiger in the stash and they would look good together, me thinks

look forward to seeing it go together

col68

First Name
colin
Well guys I'm really struggling with this kit there is a lot of issues with warping and broken items on the sprue. The engine access hatch is to big to fit so I have had to sand at least a millimeter off to make it fit and luckily I have a ICM panther that I can rob for the broken items from. Here's what I've got done so far.

Attachments

Jens Andrée

First Name
Jens
Recovery vehicles were built out of banged up recovered tanks that were no longer fit for action or out of necessity so a few fit problems is probably in order - but a kit should work and not be wonky and have fit issues so I'm with you on that one!
Unless I can't get anything else and I simply must have a kit Revell is banned in my stash, for obvious reasons sadly...

I'm sure you can make it work and come out on top! :smiling3: (and rescue my Panther when the gearbox is shot ;) )

beowulf

Styrene Bodger
First Name
Paul
The engine access hatch is to big to fit so I have had to sand at least a millimeter off to make it fit and luckily I have a ICM panther that I can rob for the broken items from. Here's what I've got done so far.

but a kit should work and not be wonky and have fit issues so I'm with you on that one!
Unless I can't get anything else and I simply must have a kit Revell is banned in my stash, for obvious reasons sadly...
)

you do realise this isnt a Revell kit? its originally an ICM kit from mid-2000s, Revell just borrowed the moulds in early 2010s

col68

First Name
colin
you do realise this isnt a Revell kit? its originally an ICM kit from mid-2000s, Revell just borrowed the moulds in early 2010s
Yes mate I am aware I built the ICM kit a while ago and I had no issues with it I also have a ICM panther ausf d in my stash and it looks fine I think the main problem is that revell seal everything in one bag and its led to the hull warping.

col68

First Name
colin
Well after looking at the tracks I've decided to take bobs advice. Where's my hammer