Ah, I see, you like to make yourself look pretty when modelling... :D

Si:smiling3:

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Hi all just a quick update on this one. Its been on the back burner recently as I was trying to sort what to make the exhausts out of. The kit supplies black vinyl tubing which would be ok if it was just a straight piece from the back of each of the nine cylinders, but the layout is very unusual. There are 2 coming out of the bottom , 2 together on the port side and 5 on the starboard side - 2 pairs and a single . These pipes all stick out slightly from the rear edge of the cowling .The problem I was having is that although flexible the vinyl tube wouldnt stick with anything so i couldnt bend it and get it coming out of the cowling at the right places. The next idea was to use very fine copper micro tubing , this bent to shape fine but was slightly too big to allow the cowling to fit properly . The solution was to get some silicone tubing , the type used by fishermen for something! This should stick with superglue to the inner edge of the cowling and be able to be bent and fastened onto the backs of the cylinders its a nice brown colour too so i shouldnt need to paint it , just weather it a bit. Heres a couple of pics

View attachment 76543

View attachment 76544

View attachment 76545

DSCN0140 [Desktop Resolution].JPG

DSCN0141 [Desktop Resolution].JPG

DSCN0142 [Desktop Resolution].JPG

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
The main airframe is looking very nice Tony. That tubing will make excellent exhaust piping.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
\ said:
Looking very good Tony Not so sure about your Thumb nail art thoughLooks like it could have been painful
Yeah , trapped it with a washing machine at work!