Cold Front

First Name
Ty
Hello. This a re-post as my original post lost all of the pictures, due to Photo Bucket and their new third party hosting policy:

Diorama represents elements of an armoured reconnaissance group which is part of an SS Heavy Panzer Battalion. Time frame is early Jan 1945 along the Bastogne corridor and in particular where first contact with 6th US armoured Division was made. Recon is attempting to exploit gaps in the flanks. Although the 6th US Div did take flight, lack of forces and equipment prevented the situation from being exploited. While taking a short break to check bearings the surviving members of a tank crew have found them and some much needed help.

223 built OOB with the exception of some ad on stowage items. Painted with Tamiya acrylics and finished using the harispray method. Weathered with washes, pigments and Tamiya snow effects.

Schwimmwagen has numerous resin accessories including wheels, spare tire, and Black Dog stowage.

BMW modified with brake lines and wiring.

Various figure used including Evolution Miniature, Mantis etc.

All figures painted with Vallejo Acrylics and artists oils for flesh.

MiniArt Wall used for base along with a lot of micro balloons. I put the background upside down to try simulate ice fog at ground level but it didn't turn out like I had hoped.

Now for the pics. Hope you enjoy them.

d1.jpgd2.jpgd3.jpgd4.jpgd5.jpgd7.jpgd8.jpgdd1.jpgIMG_5931t.jpgIMG_5932t.jpgIMG_5933t.jpgIMG_5936t.jpgIMG_5937t.jpgIMG_5938t.jpgIMG_5941t.jpgIMG_5943t.jpgIMG_5944t.jpgIMG_5945t.jpgIMG_5947t.jpgIMG_5949t.jpg

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Fantastic work Ty, thanks for retrieving the pictures for us to see.