Colins' (CDW) Sopwith Triplane.

S

Sky Raider

Well Colin, that didnt take long and what a fantastic little dio it is. Nice work mate.

Andy

First Name
Chris
I must confess I totally missed this thread, also some time back I tried my luck with Eduards 1/48 camel and it flipped me over and spanked my inexperienced modellers arse and left me on my knees 'a' cryin' so to produce something so beautifully crisp and detailed in 1/72 is nothing short of outstanding.

Regards

Chris

D

dubster72

Very, very nice Colin. The paint job is excellent & you can see the detail with just the right amount of weathering to give it a used look. The scene is really good & as ever, tells the story well.

Top Job!

Cheers

Patrick

C

CDW

Thanks very much for the positive comments, you've lifted the old confidence a little as i wasn't 100% happy with the way the riggin and paint surface turned out.... still i'll improve on it next time ...... and i'm sure there'll be a next time coz i really enjoyed the build and as Tony said ... £3 lasts a long time with these little models :smiling3: :smiling3:

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Colin -you can't even buy a pint for £3.00 these days, and how long would that last....................

But anyway, nice job there.

Colin M..

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Colin

what a fantastic job you've made of that triplane. I'm liking the base and figure too - very well finished.

You must be pleased with the result.

Cheers

P

C

CDW

Thanks t'other Colin, well a pint would last indefinitely as i dont touch the stuff .... but i get your drift :smiling3: :smiling3:

Thanks Paul, I'm fairly pleased with the result, more pleased it's done though ... was a bugger of a build saying how simple and small it was :smiling3:

First Name
Aaron
Nice build Colin, Do you gloss coat before you decal?

Thats a choice green is it Tamiya?

Cool dio and fig mod.

C

CDW

I don't gloss before decals Aaron, the acrylic paint i use (combination of citadel and artists materials) normally has a good clean texture to adhere to .... although you do get a little silvering sometimes that needs addressing.

The paint colour is my own that i mixed after reading up on t'interweb, one account was that the colour i've attempted to portray was similar to the tone of british racing green ... so thats where i went with it.