COMPLETED- 1/32 Trumpeter Messerschmitt Bf 109G-2 Gunther Rall JG52

• Thread starter Airfix Modeller Freak
  • Start date
A

Airfix Modeller Freak

Finally finished this project, which was by no means an easy one with all of the resin mods I threw at it. Anyways, here it is, and I, myself am happy with the finished product. The kit itself went together without any problems. It was simply my mods which gave it problems! I would highly recommend it to any modeler interested in interim mark Bf 109s.
This depicts the third highest scoring ace in history, Gunther Rall, who flew Black 2, a Bf 109G-2.
This model is in memory of all pilots who flew on the Eastern Front in WW2, both German and Russian.
Cheers, John
IMG_2985.JPG
IMG_2986.JPG
IMG_2987.JPG
IMG_2990.JPG

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

Thanks everyone. However, if you spot anything, please tell me as constructive criticism. This will be competing at the Annual Aussie Model Expo, and this will be my premier model to compete.
Cheers, John

D

Doug Hughes

Looks great, John - no sign of any problems with the resin mods. The lovely burnt effect over the exhaust is just one detail that caught my eye.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
if you spot anything, please tell me
Your build looks brilliant. You have aged it really, really well. But I'm going to stick my neck on the line, and ask, if the silver wheel hubs need a wash or something to bring them 'down' a bit. I only mention this as a possibility as they certainly don't look wrong.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
That looks very nice indeed.
I'm not expert in the area so I would not know if any thing is wrong with it as a true depiction. I do like it though. Great paint and love the engine.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looks great John,very wll done with the paint work,real do like the weathering,well done,;)

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

Your build looks brilliant. You have aged it really, really well. But I'm going to stick my neck on the line, and ask, if the silver wheel hubs need a wash or something to bring them 'down' a bit. I only mention this as a possibility as they certainly don't look wrong.
Thanks a lot for that. I had completely forgot to wash the wheel hubs.
Cheers, John

PhilJ

SMF Supporter
First Name
Phil
Nice one John on gunther ralls black 2 G-2.
That engine looks superb mate.
The paint job is incredible, all Mr hobby I take it?