COMPLETED Airfix 1/72 Fw 190 A-8...from Catalonia

First Name
Neil
If I were to build mine wheels up would that alleviate the undercarriage issue? I was thinking of maybe making a stand with a few 1/72 models on brass or acetate rods as flying models? Just curious really if the issue is only apparent wheels down - though you may not have looked wheels up anyway.

Neil

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Hi Neil, there are alternative parts to build the model 'wheels up' in the box. This is a good thing as I myself am somewhat unusually a big fan of posing models in flight and sometimes adapting wheels which are designed to be down to fit into wheel wells and getting the doors to fit can take some work. A lot (most?) aircraft look their best with wheels up and the Fw 190 is no exception. When I messed up my U/C I came very close to going for a wheels up option myself.

The only decision would be what to do with the propeller. I don't fit the blades to inflight models, preferring to fill the spinner and do away with them altogether but other options are available.

Cheers

Steve

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
I thought I had commented on this Steve, obviously not, so apologies.

Very nice work, as I would expect from you, nice history and the sheep give a more human side to the dio. I like it, very much.

Si:smiling3:

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Excellent looking build Steve , top class finish and photos. Its been great to watch the build not to mention very useful for anyone considering building this kit , as youve shown with a bit of tweaking it can be made into a superb looking little model , great job , cheers tony

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Beautiful Butcher Bird Steve.

The little Airfix kit turned out to be a real cracker.

Cheers

P

L

Laurie

Very nice pieces of work Steve.

Any chance of a photo closer I am intrigued to see the camo. dots. Do you do this just with an airbrush or use a template. ?

Laurie