COMPLETED Eduard 1/48 Focke Wulf Fw 190D-9 JG 301 Yellow 15 Wilde Sau

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

A quick question John - what is a 'ceramic wash'?

That's the wash where you spread it all over and wipe it off after a few hours. I am pretty sure Flory does a whole range of it, HGW does some and UMP do it as well. They are usually clay based. However, I have found that the MIG washes are a lot better if going for the weathered look as they allow great precision and control for streaking, highlighting etc

Wonderful modelling.

I love everything about this. :smiling3:

Thanks mate

Cheers, John

PhilJ

SMF Supporter
First Name
Phil
Hi mate, so this must have been done just after I went AWOL. So you did a eduard D9 in 1/48 is this your first? I can't remember.
It's nice mate very nicely finished indeed brings frustrating memories of my Red 1 back but I loved the challenging build and the results are great if you persevere like you have here aren't they?
I still have the one I purchased from your good self mate remember? The profipak.
Maybe we'll do a friendly build off, fancy it?

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

Hi mate, so this must have been done just after I went AWOL. So you did a eduard D9 in 1/48 is this your first? I can't remember.
It's nice mate very nicely finished indeed brings frustrating memories of my Red 1 back but I loved the challenging build and the results are great if you persevere like you have here aren't they?
I still have the one I purchased from your good self mate remember? The profipak.
Maybe we'll do a friendly build off, fancy it?
Thanks mate, sure, maybe in the future, got three Eduard Fw 190Ds in the stash :smiling3:
Thanks on the model though- it won it's category at the WINGS model show
John

PhilJ

SMF Supporter
First Name
Phil
Thanks mate, sure, maybe in the future, got three Eduard Fw 190Ds in the stash :smiling3:
Thanks on the model though- it won it's category at the WINGS model show
John
Boom! Good effort mate, I scratched the fuel access panel on mine to throw in some extra ball ache! Give it a go next time you'll find its worth it