Completed "Leutnant,Headquarters want to speak to you...I said you were busy!"

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Ron mate, words can't describe how beautiful this build is. You're a legend mate, and i'm glad we've seen the build from start to finish.

Have fun, John

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
\ said:
and i'm glad we've seen the build from start to finish.Have fun, John
Wo hey, great to see you're posting again John....I was going to p.m you, bud, if I didn't see you on here soon.....

Thanks for the great content in your post. Quite unneccessary, but very nice none the less!

You take care, and keep having fun.

Double cheers,

Ron

M

mobear

turned out not too bad this little DIO after all.........lol

make a modeller out of you yet,this is stunning only because it looks like it really all moves and the colours look excellent

a 5* build any time of day

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
\ said:
Wo hey, great to see you're posting again John....I was going to p.m you, bud, if I didn't see you on here soon.....
Completely out of my hands this time Ron, had to get new laptop thingy. All singing all dancing thingy too, so i'll be back posting on a regular basis so the forum won't know whats hit it lol.

Have fun, John

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Ron mate , I'm struggling to try and convey how good this is and how much i like it without swearing!!! Its been a real privelege to watch this grow from a pizza base and stirring sticks to the miniature world we see now. As Joe says , when you look at it you become immersed (bit like the poor old leutnant!!) and can totally imagine being there, a mark of a true masterpiece . See , I did all that without swearing , Great ****ing build mate ! cheers tony

T

treyzx10r

Stunning Ron, you are indeed a talented modeller! The realism is mind boggling,if I had come across the pics randomly I would have thought they were actual real full scale scenery !

First Name
Chris
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!

INCREDIBLE!

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Simple story conveyed excellently through a thoroughly fantastic show of modelling excellence. Stunning.

"Gets the Thumbs up from Les"

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Yet another stunning work of art Ron. Your work never fails to impress me

W

Willi262

When I saw the first pics, the word stunning came to mind. Then I started seeing it from everyone else, so I will say "fan-freaking-tastic"!!! If I didn't know that that was a model, I doubt that I would realize it (not for a while). I am just floored beyond words. You could knock me over with a feather....

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
I've been away for a week on a coach with the 'Blue Rinse Brigade', so I've not been near a computer.....

I've just signed in and was having a look at what I've missed (Loads, as usual!), when I came across this resurrecting itself from the vaults.....

Thanks for the great comments everyone, I appreciate them all.

I hope those who followed the building of this found some useful tips, and perhaps even some inspiration to have a go at a diorama.....

Finally, apologies to those who have seen this thread before.

Ron

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Saw this today (?) at Cosford Model show, looks stunning in the flesh, cant believe it didn't place, quite a few ehmm 'dodgy' entries if truth be told. No accounting for judges, reminds me of my camera club days :mad: :sad: :smiling3: :smiling3:

T

TonyBv9

Wow. I missed the build thread for this one, so when I saw the pics I thought you'd made a brilliant 1/35 scale dio. Reading on I realised it's 1/72, and all scratch built! Just amazing.

S

Stevekir

\ said:
Saw this today (?) at Cosford Model show, looks stunning in the flesh, cant believe it didn't place, quite a few ehmm 'dodgy' entries if truth be told. No accounting for judges, reminds me of my camera club days :mad: :sad: :smiling3: :smiling3:
I totally agree. It has a lot going on. Looking at the photos again they don't have any overall appearance of being a model. (Which is I suppose the same as saying it looks realistic.) At the top of the quality scale.