Completed "Leutnant,Headquarters want to speak to you...I said you were busy!"

N

noble

That is just superb mate, and I don't use that word lightly. Quality build all round and an excellent story line, what a difference a couple of figures make.

scott

D

Deleted member 3568

Awesome amazing superb splendid there are not enough superlatives to describe this amazing piece of artwork because that is what it is art, it should be in the louvre or somewhere like that displayed among the likes of botcelli.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
What amazing comments...can there be a better way to start my day?!...well, 11.00 anyway!

Thanks to everyone for your great posts..

To answer the questions.

Monica, he was originally from the Revell 1/72 German Artillery WW2 set. He then became a pilot caught having a wash in my B.O.B. dio. where his aircraft has ended up in a farmers pond.....Finally,I 'borrowed' him for this model, cut him in half and let him have swim!

Dave, to be honest, I don't know. It just happened. Yet another 'Happy accident'...all a bit vague but I really haven't a clue.

Lee, to impress a woman...any woman, has got to be the best result any of us boys can hope for. Please thank her for her approval......

Finally, I had a p.m. from a member, who pointed out the daubed slogan on the wall was spelt wrongly......Luckily I can blame an internet translator for the error!

So I redid it and here for that member's benefit is a new photo showing the correct spelling, and thanks for drawing the error to my attention.

View attachment 84093

Cheers all,

Ron

Guard duty please.jpg

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
\ said:
displayed among the likes of botcelli.
Great post kp.......and I know I use polystyrene pizza bases for my models, but there is no way I'm going to show this next to a real pizza!!!

D

Doug Hughes

Truly amazing - and imaginative! Many of the pictures could be mistaken for pictures of a real scene. Fantastic work, even before you realise it's scratchbuilt in 1:72. As for the mistake with 'Tuez le Boche', it's part of a grand tradition. Remember 'Romanos eunt domus' in Life of Brian?

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
\ said:
As for the mistake with 'Tuez le Boche', it's part of a grand tradition. Remember 'Romanos eunt domus' in Life of Brian?
Thanks Doug, I'm glad you like the dio. I don't think I would daub 'Tuez le Boche' 100 times on the walls - even if John Cleese ordered me to!!

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
As one who had Latin inflicted on him at school I always had an instinctive sympathy for the unlucky graffiti artist (wasn't it Graham Chapman) as he received an impromptu lesson from the Roman soldier (who was definitely John Cleese).

Genius!

Steve

Edit....I'd completely forgotten that Cleese ordered him to write it 100 times ! More genius ! "Romani ite domum" :smiling3:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Ron, just to let you know that my better half was wondering what I had now found. She thought it was a photo of a real house.. (Well we are house hunting). When I told her that it was a model she was impressed. When I told her how it was built, she was amazed. On seeing the photo with your hand she said......well never mind what she said, but she ment it in the best possible way.!

Ian M

S

Stevekir

Wow! Among the best dios I have seen during the last 1 1/2 years on this forum. Really really good. Shows lots of different skills. And it looks so convincing.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Ron, the first thing that happened when I looked at the pictures was I could 'hear' the water, the birds in the trees, and a generally calm scene with a little humorous moment as the Lieutenant in the river realises he has probably just been dropped in the dung by one of his men. Awesome, no great build award would honour this build enough.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks for the really great compliments chaps - and Monica......all a bit embarrassing, but they make for excellent reading nonetheless....

Ian M, give my personal thanks to you good lady, and tell her no more bad language please!

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Fantastic scene Ron you could have posted the sixty photos as I would have enjoyed looking at all of them from every angle as you can't have to much of a good thing awesome work what's next !

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
\ said:
what's next !
Thanks John, I rather think putting 60 pickies on would have been way over the top.....I had my doubts about the number I did post!

What's next? I'll take five and have a beer.....Then it could be 'Salmon and Glukstein'....What?

Cheers,

Ron

C

Caledonia

Another masterpiece Ron, it's a rare gift having the combined modelling skills and artistic flare. Most of us, myself included, are lucky of we can get away with assembly and painting a bought kit. Cheers Derek

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Derek, thanks for the great post. I try and stick with diorama, 'cos when I see the great 'stand alone' models from yourself and all the others on here, I know where I'm safest!

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
A master-stroke of scratch modelling at its very, very best. Everything has come together to create a visual feast without being over fussy. It really is one of the highest ranking builds so far on this site. Well done Ron on creating a quality build, just superb.

Si:smiling3:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks ever so much for your cracking post Si. I'm well happy you like me dio!

I hope you've had a nice, relaxing time in your 'van this last few days......

Ron

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Thanks ever so much for your cracking post Si. I'm well happy you like me dio!I hope you've had a nice, relaxing time in your 'van this last few days......

Ron
Had a great time at the van, hoping to go back soon.

I do not like this dio, I love it, admire it and want it for my very own...

Si:smiling3: