Completed : Pegaso 1/9th Kamikaze Bust

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
From wiki;

Kamikaze (神風, [kamiꜜkaze]; "divine wind" or "spirit wind"), officially Tokubetsu Kōgekitai (特別攻撃隊, "Special Attack Unit"), were a part of the Japanese Special Attack Units of military aviators who initiated suicide attacks for the Empire of Japan against Allied naval vessels in the closing stages of the Pacific campaign of World War II, designed to destroy warships more effectively than possible with conventional air attacks. About 3,800 kamikaze pilots died during the war, and more than 7,000 naval personnel were killed by kamikaze attacks.[1]

Pegaso 1/9th Bust

Whole bust has been painted in Acrylics - Flesh with Andrea paints, rest of body and head with Vallejo, AK and tamiya. Sealed with AK Ultra Matt varnish, bit of a build thread - Here. Only issue I had, and my fault somehwere, was I couldnt get his right ear cup to fit and reach to the switch on his chest, so (a first for me, going off piste), I had to make new cables my self. Cut off both cables, drilled out the ear cups and switch, then using some model boat rigging, twisted a length of rigging together, glued the length of rigging, primed with tamiya grey and painted. Then glued into the cup's and switch. Base is from MDP, primed and then sprayed in gloss black (Tamiya) - Kamikaze/ Divine Wind script, freehand painted.

IMG_2285.jpgIMG_2289.jpgIMG_2295.jpgIMG_2297.jpgIMG_2299.jpgIMG_2300.jpgIMG_2302.jpgIMG_2305.jpg

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Steve

I have really enjoyed watching you getting to grips with this bust. The finish is fantastic. You must be very pleased. Well done sir

Steve

D

Deleted member 6559

Steve

I agree with Cpl Jones that it's been great to watch you working on this, and the final result is fantastic!. Lovely colours, beautiful painting and loads of movement - who could ask for more?

Peter.

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Steve

I have really enjoyed watching you getting to grips with this bust. The finish is fantastic. You must be very pleased. Well done sir

Steve

Thankyou Steve :astonished:, yes i am very pleased with him.

Steve

I agree with Cpl Jones that it's been great to watch you working on this, and the final result is fantastic!. Lovely colours, beautiful painting and loads of movement - who could ask for more?

Peter.

Coming from you Peter, that is praise indeed :astonished:, thanks for the kind comment