Completed - Puma HC1 230 Sqn RIAT 1997 Tiger Meet

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Top job Rick , you would never know it was the old airfix kit. You had your problems with it but persevered and came out on top, loving the base too , cheers tony

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Great stuff Rick, thought you may have abandoned this but glad to see it is now finished and finished nicely too.

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks for all the positive feedback chaps. It's not a faultless effort and I probably over stretched myself to be honest. But this is a cab I worked on and took part in this detachment so I just had to do it.

It uses the old Airfix Puma HC1 moulding with the actual airframe configuration dating back to before I can remember. The Whirleybirds conversion kit is worth the money as far as I am concerned, others may find the price (£15) prohibitive when you can pick the kit up for less.

My only disappointment with it is the silvering of the tiger stripes which I put down to a tin of crappy Humbrol paint that was made in China.

I left off the blanks, socks and locks for viewing clarity as the real thing was all bagged up during RIAT 97.

This aircraft never flew in this scheme, the decals being applied when it landed and removed before departure. Apparently it came second in the show and shine competition amongst the NATO Tiger squadrons and, appropriately enough, my model also came second in my local IPMS club night a couple of weeks ago.

Do I want to build another helicopter? Probably not in this scale! Too many sticky out bits.

Thanks for looking.