Completed. Spanner's 'Sniper' G.B. Flush 'im out...NOW!

G

Greg147

Excellent work, Ron, this one's stunning to say the least. Your eye for detail is incredible, and considering what materials it was all made out of, that's even more impressive. 5/5, obviously ;)

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Thanks Ron,I enjoyed seeing more. It's a wonderful job.

Cheers

Steve

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks fellas, I really appreciate you taking the time to have a look at this thread and post such great comments.

From showing the building of the derelict farm to these final pickies, it's been great reading all the posts, fun and doing something totally new to me.

Thanks again,

Ron

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Gotcha! Now we really know how you did this! You were an 'extra' on the 'Saving Private Ryan' film set and this was one of the scenes that was cut from the final release!

Tut tut! Shame on you Ron, trying to pass these real pictures off as a model!

Gern

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks a bundle Dave!

For that revelation, not only are you going to buy us all a coffee at Cosford, I want an Eccles cake too, got it?

Very nice compliment too mind!

Cheers,

Ron

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
What! A whole Eccles cake all to yourself?! That's a bit steep considerin' I only gave away ONE of your secrets.

Gern

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
I don't remember ever showing you my scar..

Or telling you how I send regular monthly payments of £50 to my new friend, Prof. Obibo N'dawako, who's son goes to a top Nigerian University and needs me to keep sending the money to enhance his son's education.

Your a worldly sort of chap Dave, do you think I'm doing the right thing, 'cos since I gave him my bank details he doesn't contact me any more and I do want to know how his son is progressing......

Your friend,

Ron

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
OK. But that wasn't the secret I was referring to!

As far as your donations go, I think education's a wonderful thing and it's a very generous gesture on your part. I'm sure someone will be learning a valuable lesson from your example.

I reckon Obibo has asked his son to contact you and let you know of his progress, but you know that students are notorious for not writing as often as they should. I expect it's just a matter of time before you hear from them!

Gern

PS After this shining example of your generosity, I guess one Eccles cake is not such a high price for me to pay after all.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
\ said:
Thanks a bundle Dave!For that revelation, not only are you going to buy us all a coffee at Cosford, I want an Eccles cake too, got it?

Very nice compliment too mind!

Cheers,

Ron
If dave gets us all a coffee ron, what could we possibly stir it with?:emo6:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
\ said:
If dave gets us all a coffee ron, what could we possibly stir it with?:emo6:
I'm sorted mucker,

I have summat to stir mine with.......My wife reckons that's all it's fit for now!

There again, I could use a couple of gern's stirrers as a splint!! (either side, you understand!)

Last edited by a moderator:

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Ron,I have £27,000,000 in diamonds. I'll PM you my address in Lagos. If you send me your bank details I will extract a small administration fee before forwarding you the diamonds.

Cheers

Steve (who spent a large part of his young life in......Nigeria!)

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
\ said:
I'm sorted mucker,I have summat to stir mine with.......My wife reckons that's all it's fit for now!

There again, I could use a couple of gern's stirrers as a splint!! (either side, you understand!)
Couldn't you break one in half?

Gern

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Ron

Love the buildings - great job, can't fault either the inventiveness nor the accuracy. Your story seems a bit strange to me though, I would have thought a sniper shooting himself is a bit like doing the American's work for 'em. Why not sit there, take as many Yanks with you as possible and die like a hero in a blaze of Thompson sub machine gun fire?! Seems stupid and pointless taking your own life - either die like John Wayne or surrender! Especially true of a hardened SS sniper. What was the saying amongst the German troops during the last months of the war, '...enjoy the war because the peace will be hell...'

That aside the actual modelling is top class and I really think there's room for expansion on this dio.

Great stuff!

Paul

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
\ said:
inspiring stuff, ***** from me too!
Is that for Ron's dio or my joke? :lol

Gern

PS I'm sure I had a coat when I came in!

P

Polux

Hello Ron.

It's a wonderful job, really nice dio, and I don't know how to say more (I hate my small English vocabulary,sorry).

Big 5*!!

Polux

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Steve, Dave and Tony, three against one ain't fair, so I'm quitting whilst I have a bit of dosh left and even less self respect!!!!

Thank you Mish, Paul and polux for your comments, I'm glad you like the finished model.

Paul, there are countless stories of soldiers who couldn't face the uncertainty of the coming minutes and, when they knew all was lost, decided to end it, as they saw it 'quickly' rather than face the fury of the enemy.

The books on the retreat of the German Army from Russia recount many a 'Tough soldier' taking his own life....Even hardened veterans in the crack Gross Deutschland Division blew their brains out....

In the end the whole thing, apart from the initial inspiration, was from start to finish a figment of my imagination, and possibly a bit tongue in cheek anyway!

I don't understand what you mean when you write "I really think there's room for expansion on this dio.".... Help me?

Thanks again folks,

Ron

Last edited by a moderator:
R

Richy C

Great dio Ron , love everything about it and being 1/72 makes your work double special mate , as you have said modelling is about expressing yourself be it fact or fiction and using your imagination in other words , to be honest I don`t get the negeative response either ,

I will leave it at , you get 5 stars from me mate

Richy

R

rogue-one

fantastic ron! always great with the story telling in your work. the detail and scratch build are ofcourse top quality! i for one tho would liked to see more colour pictures please!