completed viking ship hope you all like it.

james pithouse

Models are fun just ask kpnuts
First Name
James

james pithouse

First Name
James
that is it Ian the model did not come with seats and they did not kneel yes they did have seats small benches I think

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
that is it Ian the model did not come with seats and they did not kneel yes they did have seats small benches I think
Just cut up some paper or lollipop sticks and make some. Looks good though, like the sail.

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
They had bits of wood to sit on....... those boys were proper "hard"....... Probably held the oars between their teeth as well. Here is a link to a reconstructed jobbie.

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=viking+longships&FORM=HDRSC2#view=detail&id=75B278440AB9CA374B5E5BBE47928A9760E88DE9&selectedIndex=29

D

dougie

Not bad mate, looks well built I'd take the advice above. Making some benches would not be too hard and would definitely add to the build along with some differentiation on the deck boards.

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
Thanks for the info James and sorry I was meant to say a job well done in the last post

D

Deleted member 3568

well done jim I agree make some seats will make it look a million times better, oh and whilst you're at it you could knock up some vikings to row it (sticky back tape and a fairy bottle, well that's what they would use on blue peter anyway)

L

Laurie

Very nice model James. Something very different. agree on the rigging it is the most difficult job.

Got to be precise otherwise it does not look the job. You have cracked it here.

Laurie

D

Deleted member 4203

Looks good! Some seats would add some more to it, but not completely necessary. It looks good as it is! :D :smiling3: ;)

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
I agree with all the above comments, you have created a fantastic looking VIking ship with a really convincing feel to the build. You could scale up the bench block struts easily with lollipop sticks ( costa/ Starbucks etc do wooden stirrers you could adapt) or why not make a diorama with the Viking ship on a beach under repair or something ( see Ken for the sticky tape and fairy bottle!!!

Great build

Robert

james pithouse

First Name
James
fair bottle to big plus their bloody quick to catch even with sticky tape :D :p