Compressor failing to switch off

F

funkyrimpler

Hi folks ive got the AS16 (i think) compressor which has worked fine until recently.

It started hesitating mid spray and losing pressure but has now developed a fault whereby it takes a very long time to activate and reach working pressure (typically 12-15psi).

Once at pressure the motor keeps running and running way in excess of any air use. Even a quick spray will result in the motor running for minutes. As such of course, the motor gets incredibly hot in just a few minutes as it is running constantly.

The compressor is only a few months old so i'll try and get a replacement. Ive checked the hose and airbrush for leaks but they are fine. Is there a valve inside the compressor that is leaking or sticking?? Im wondering if it can be a quick fix without having to return the item??

Any advice would be great

Simon

T

tecdes

Simon your compressor has most certainly got a leak. The hesitating seems to indicate the leak is bad as the compressor cannot replace the lost air.

Would not attempt anything just leave it to your supplier.

Just to confirm I would with a paintbrush paint a thick mixture of water & washing up liquid around all the joints of the hose to make sure there are no air bubbles popping up.

Also make sure your airbrush is not leaking. If you have a quick release uncouple the airbrush & this will give an indication as the quick release should hold the air.

Good news is that it is under guarantee.

Laurie