Constant Paint feed?

First Name
Adrian
Hi all,

I have an Iwata Neo and I've been really happy with it since I purchased it 18 months ago, but now I find that it's constantly feeding paint before I pull back the trigger. I've completely stripped it down, soaked it applied a little GT-80 to the relevant parts but it still shoots paint as soon as the trigger is depressed, any advice is greatly appreciated.

Adrian

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
For whatever reason the needle is not seating properly in the nozzle, allowing paint to flow through the nozzle. It's as if the needle is slightly retracted for some reason. Assuming that there is no debris in the nozzle I would suspect one of those two components is damaged (needle or nozzle). My money would be on the nozzle.

Have a really good look at both under magnification. Whilst you have both bits out of the airbrush insert the needle gently into the nozzle, this may reveal if the nozzle is actually split.

Cheers

Steve

T

tecdes

Adrian I would also add to Steve's comments to make sure you have a compatible matched nozzle/needle. If it was me I would get a new pair & keep the old as spares.

Laurie

First Name
Adrian
Right, thanks so much guys for the help,,, I noticed on close inspection that the tip of the needle didn't protrude out of the nozzle, so half a can of airbrush cleaner later and its fixed, there must have been some really hard stuck paint in the very end of the nozzle, again thanks both :smiling3:

Adrian

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Glad you're up and running again Adrian.

For that sort of gunk in the nozzle a quick soak in cellulose thinners followed by a careful clean with a similarly soaked inter dental brush works a treat.

Cheers

Steve