Cross of iron GB

C

Carrie

This is my completed diorama it depicts elements of the 6th panzer division after the first day at Kursk, for some life goes on as normal for others not so much, the panzer crew is re arming whilst the comander watches the casualties arriving.

The tank is tamiya the house is miniart the figures are a mix. the paints used were tamiya acryilic paint oil paint and pastels, tell me what you think all comments welcome this is my first ever diorama.

carrie

View attachment 27290

View attachment 27291

View attachment 27292

View attachment 27293

View attachment 27294

View attachment 27295

View attachment 27296

View attachment 27297

cross of iron 9.jpg

cross of iron 2.jpg

cross of iron 11.jpg

cross of iron 7.jpg

cross of iron 3.jpg

cross of iron 8.jpg

cross of iron 10.jpg

cross of iron 4.jpg

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
For you first ever diorama Carrie it's a cracking build, top marks and five stars from me.

Have fun, John

F

Ferrets Bueller

Thats some cracking work mate, for your first that is superb, well done.

L

Lancasterb1

VERY NICE ! Great build like the layout on this, a bit of everything going on!

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Wonderful work Carrie the dio is excellent, the figure work interaction and tank details are all of the highest quality as is the terrain. I especially like the medical team.

This is not a criticism merely a historical note: The Panzerfaust 30 in your dio was introduced in September 1944. Panzerfausts made their operational debut in August 1943 but these were the 'Panzerfaust klein' (smaller explosive charge) and I couldn't be sure that even these were used at Kursk. None of this really matters as the quality of your modelling is excellent. Really well thought out layout, figure interaction and detail - this dio really tells a story.

I'm seconding the five stars - extremely well done.

Cheers

Paul

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Another ***** from me Carrie! That's a cracking little dio.

Gern

F

Fenlander

Carrie, Carrie, Carrie...... What are we going to do with you? If you keep building models at this level (just remind me, is this your second or third??????) we are going to have to upgrade the star rating available to us. This is just stunning. I feel so humbled having given up on mine when I see what a relatively raw recruit can do, you quite rightly put me to shame ;)

Cracking build, beautifully painted and well composed. Nothing more that anyone could have asked for. We need a ten star rating now.

R

rogue-one

hi there carrie, this is a great dio! love the medi unit dealing with the injured. cracking idea. i also like the wee geese at the pond and the faded red cross sign on the wall. you've also got all the right touches too, the tank tracks, the long grass, the water, you've put it all in there! ***** bobby.

B

Bunkerbarge

Again to me the success of a diorama is in the composition, possibly even more than the modelling. This has it in spades. Great understanding of the subject, geat composition and all put together with great modelling skills. If this is what the new generation of modellers are making we are in for some treats over the years!!

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
WOW! Carrie, you sure you are new to this lark! That is very good and worth every one of those five stars.

Not a lot more that can be added really.

Ian M

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Carrie, I wrote a while ago that you had a hidden talent....I have never been so wrong.

Hidden my foot! This is one superb diorama from a very gifted lady for all to see.

I don't care if someone thinks my comments are a bit over the top, you deserve it..Here's another 5*'s for the well deserved pile.

Ron

C

Carrie

thank you everyone for your nice comments and the 5 stars.

i am really enjoying it and finding it quite therapeutic so much so that i have stolen 20 more model kits off him indoors and my next project is an early edition africa korps volkswagen beetle in between studying biology and making my own christmas cards of course!!!

carrie