Cutting a hole in a bonnet?

R

Rob1

Hi

I need to cut a hole in the bonnet so the blower can stick through it is an amt 1;16 and the plastic is tough and has just snapped a scalpel (first time I have ever been glad I was wearing prescription glasses) I was wondering about a dremel anyone got experience with these?

I have done a quick search on here but I am a lazy bugger.

Rob.

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Mark it out and drill a series of holes then use you scalpel file and sand job done mind your fingers good luck are you doing a build thread as I have a few cars waiting in my stash would like to see how you do the paintwork prep and sanding etc cheers John

R

Rob1

\ said:
Mark it out and drill a series of holes then use you scalpel file and sand job done mind your fingers good luck are you doing a build thread as I have a few cars waiting in my stash would like to see how you do the paintwork prep and sanding etc cheers John
Cheers John the hole is marked as it is an option with the kit never thought of series drilling thanks for that, I can not believe how tough the 1:16 plastic is on this one! 2 weeks ago for my 50th I was given a small compressor, an airbrush and a model car I now have 4 on the go at different stages addictive or what? I will consider a build thread.

Rob

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
As John mentions drill a series of small holes, also mark out and drill from underside or pack the underside of the bonnet-this will reduce the chance if causing the bonnet to crack due to its shape.

Si:smiling3:

R

Rob1

\ said:
As John mentions drill a series of small holes, also mark out and drill from underside or pack the underside of the bonnet-this will reduce the chance if causing the bonnet to crack due to its shape.Si:smiling3:
Very good advice as it is an old chevy so the bonnet is L shaped cheers.

First Name
Gregg
Welcome to the friendliest model forum on the net Rob. As you can already see there is always someone who can answer any questions.

Don't forget to post pics of your progress.

Gregg .

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
No probs glad I could help you did a great job of it :smiling3: