DAK Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Daniel Horvath

The 2nd kit completed is also a watchtower and a guard shack and a road sign and also a road barrier for my checkpoint scene for the entrance to the base where will be military police will checking some cars with dogs! The kit is an airfix kit ! I didn’t used the bridge which is also part of the kit but i will not going to need it! 16B24E59-DD90-4797-BF7A-689FDF95637E.jpegD376FAC6-6B00-4962-92E1-EA30EDC1B595.jpeg9D951270-C03D-493B-AA23-7B87109D109C.jpeg

D

Daniel Horvath

And the final kit the 4th for this update is the first vehicle for the dio is a Panzer 3 from Tamiya ! This scene will be some soldiers cleaning the barrel! The figures will be from miniart!E2E519CB-2415-40DA-81ED-ADB49440D5B7.jpeg05B25C65-5BB5-49F2-9937-2966F8397A4A.jpeg

D

Daniel Horvath

So thats all for now! Like to thank you for all of you for watching and following the progress of this dio! Best regards Danny

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
daaammn when i see how fast and how beautiful are your builds.... well l'm amazed.... keep it coming DAN

D

Daniel Horvath

Greg and Ian thanks guys for the support! Next update soon so stay tuned! Best regards Danny

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Hi Danny,

Seems I had missed a lot of your progress, but I’m up to speed now. Good to see you got through the miniart buildings...I’ve done a couple and they turn out pretty nice, just require a bit of filling in places.

Can’t believe how much you’ve done in so little time...great work, keep it coming :thumb2:

D

Daniel Horvath

Hi Si thanks my friend! I have quite enjoyed the miniart, as you said little filling here and there require but its great ! These few weeks i had a lot of time to spare so that’s how I managed this good progress! Thanks for following! Best regards Danny

TIM FORSTER

SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Wonderful work on the buildings. Does the watch towers come with the spot lights as well. As for trench coats all members of the Afrika Korps wore trench coats as it got very cold in the desert at night:smiling3:
View attachment 315710View attachment 315711
(For information purposes only)
The upper shot is very interesting - and a little odd. Yet it looks authentic. The guy in the pith helmet looks like he's chewing his chinstrap even though you can clearly see it on the helmet. And the Allies are wearing an eclectic mix of uniform. Perhaps the chap in the jumper is a local?!

D

Daniel Horvath

Hi there Tim ! Interesting observation maybe the guy biting his scarf im not sure ! Guess we will never find out ! Regards Danny

D

Daniel Horvath

Good afternoon to you all ! I didn’t want it to start any other big kits because I wouldn’t have time to finish it ! On Friday im going on a vacation to the other side of the world for 7 weeks ! So this will be the last update for a while ! So i put some figures together for the dio! 2 tank commander 7 guards for the watchtowers 5 tank maintenance crew for the panzer III 4 figures for the miniart benches they having a meal and 5 military police and 1 dog for the checkpoint! So sofar 23 figures and a dog ! The kit i used from tamiya, miniart, and masterbox ! A59D9514-2BE1-496F-B3C0-4A713D092529.jpegC4592437-0056-4464-943D-C8B142147084.jpeg6D2A24A7-AA6D-43DD-B046-B9D0A968D2AD.jpeg

D

Daniel Horvath

So this way I like to wish all of you fellow modellers an enjoyable time on your bench while im away ! Happy building and creating ! See you guys in December! All the best and regards Danny.... Here i come ............46DE8F54-0F2C-49C6-A2EC-8EE53DDA6F05.jpeg

D

Daniel Horvath

Good evening to you all! What an unfortunate event! One hour ago i have received a text message from KLM that my flight has been cancelled .... Grrrrrr! They gived me replacement flight for Saturday so i lost a day out of the vacation! Not happy! Well at least i can claim some money back so i might get lucky and they give the full ticket price back ! Fingers crossed! So with this extra day i might put some figures together tomorrow! Have a pleasant night! Regards Danny

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
A wonderful update Dan. Look forward to seeing your next update after your hols. Have a nice break - you deserve it!

D

Daniel Horvath

Thanks for the good wishes Steve! Vacation is great sofar nothing can beat the lovely 33 degrees weather,not raining like in England ehehe ! Miss modelling but sometimes we all need a break ! All the best guys! Next update in December! Regards Danny911672E5-EA8A-4BE7-A8F5-EBDEE48C2884.jpeg

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
Enjoy your vacation DAN... thanks for the "jungle" picture that is a cool reference...and a wonderful place...

D

Daniel Horvath

Thanks Greg its kind of you, love it here in Asia the nature is beautiful! I have planty more reference pictures if you need! Best regards Danny

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Danny.
Me jealous, yes ! :cold-sweat: have a great time mate. Think of us sitting in the cold and damp !
The watch towers look good, but you won't be thinking of those !
John :crying:

Status
Not open for further replies.