Danish Leopard 1A5DK1

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
These Italeri kits were really good for their day, and though people now talk about how obsolete they are, if you compare them to Tamiya’s efforts at the same time, it’s pretty obvious which one to pick — especially given that the better ones are cheaper too. Yes, if I want to build a Leopard now I’d probably buy a Meng kit, but Italeri’s certainly wouldn’t be at the bottom of my list (that place would be taken by Heller’s efforts :smiling3:).

First Name
Wouter
Nice work on the Leo, Andy. And good to see one built. There aren't enough Leo's out there :smiling2:!

Cheers

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Andy,
Good to see a Leopard being built. Comparing kits, I went for the Hobby Boss Leopards (2A4 & 2A6) and kit for kit with the Meng, I find they are just slightly behind. But still got the 2A6 to build.
MikeC

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Hi Andy - good to see you again

Regarding the spelling of Italeri I seem to recollect that they ran a series of adverts in magazines with a sort of phonetic breakdown of how to pronounce it

A

Armorguy

That's a pretty impressive Leo you have on your work bench Andy, the aftermarket boxes add interest to it.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Andy

I cant believe I missed the start of this build. Big fan of your AFV builds and things are going well on this one also. Looking forward to watching this one to the finish. Good luck

Steve

M

mobear

Everyone move,lump of danish lard coming in for a butchers(look) I'm getting ready to build revells leopard,so needing a good teacher