Dapol OO/HO Church. Refurbished and ready for the Church Congregation!

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
A great kit with very nice stone detail. All let down by a very poor roof which lacks 'Umph' and the ridge and eaves stonework are all way out of scale and too big.
An easy fix, but one that could have been avoided by Dapol.
The Lichgate is scratch built as is the rest of the base. The trees are from my garden.
The kit supplies some clear plastic for the windows. I stuck some diagonal mesh on these and dabbed some different colour paints to this to give a leaded glass look.
P1380616.JPG

P1380637.JPG

P1380635.JPG

P1380619.JPG

P1380632.JPG

P1380628.JPG

P1380625.JPG

P1380629.JPG

P1380626.JPG

P1380621.JPG

P1380627.JPG

P1380611.JPG

P1380613.JPG

P1380622.JPG

P1380630.JPG

P1380617.JPG

P1380614.JPG

P1380634.JPG

Sorry, I didn't realise there were so many pictures.....

Thanks for all your great posts throughout the build. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Ron

Last edited:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Dave and Paul.
Thank you both for your positive comments. :thumb2:

Dave.
Sorry old lad, they won't be doing any work there.....Yet. Idu wouldn't accept any payment for the work on the Church. "I hab tu keeap de toxmon aweeya!"

So I've treated him and the boys to an all inclusive week at The Clacker. If you go and meet them at the pub, please don't have the 'Special Batter' Fish & Chips at the Chippie on the way.
Remember what happened to me?! ;)

Glad you like the model, Paul.

Ron

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
I reckon I deserve a trophy for the least posts on a finished build here on S.M.

So thanks to Dave and Paul.

Please understand it's not sour grapes or throwing my teddy about. I just find it highly amusing. I'm worried about the booby Prize I might receive.

So if anyone in Admin reads this, PLEASE No coconut or a goldfish in a plastic bag......

lots of love

Ron

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
That's fantastic Ron! Many of these shots just look so like the real thing, maybe you should have put the picture of your hand in sooner! Sometimes a post slips under the radar by arriving at the just the wrong moment when something else is going on.
Your talent is awesome,sir!

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
A superb result I agree with Neil that a lot of the photos could pass for the real thing.

Now there's a thought. Maybe they are the real thing and you're telling porkies. Instead of sitting at the bench you just wandered down to the village church with your old Brownie and hey presto - a load of fooled mogellers. Sneaky :smiling: :rolling::rolling:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Terrific posts, thank you chaps! :thumb2:

There might, just might be the odd cynic who thinks I've 'Bumped' this thread to get a few more hits.
Folks who have met me through S.M. know nothing could be further from the truth. I am just amused by it all. Simple as.....

Neil is quite right. Trying to keep up with the Helter Skelter pace of the posts is nigh on impossible - For me anyroad! :face-with-head-bandage:

Thanks again.
Ron

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Nice finish on that one Ron. Stone has come out very well indeed, and the rest of the additions set it off nicely. You probably already know, but it’s based on Bonchurch church on the isle of white. I found pictures of it completely by accident when I was looking for stonework images while building mine…..

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Ron.....you had better sit down......

You have received feedback from my wife......a very rare event as she is not into the hobby at all........and she said "WOW!" when I showed her your pictures!

I can only second her!!

Andrew

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
What great and highly amusing posts.
Thank you chaps. They make for very nice reading and I appreciate every single one!

Andrew. I've ritted this before on here, but for us mere mortals (Blokes) to impress a lady, any lady, no matter what the subject matter, has to be top of the league!
Please pass on my thanks and I'm chuffed she approves.

Thanks again all.
Ron

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well I just plain old missed this :sad:
In my defence you did finish it a lot quicker than some of your other projects...

It amazes me the reality you can achieve with these small marvles. A great build Ron. I can almost hear the organ music.

PS where can I get one of those gigantic hands? They look most life like.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks Ian.
We are all guilty of missing stuff on here.

The hand.
Get an old rubber glove.
Fill it with Plaster of Paris.
When hard, carefully cut off the glove.
Paint as required.....

Thanks again.
Ron